Aluminum Radiator/Dual elec fan combo help - Team Camaro Tech
Heating & Cooling Heating, cooling and air conditioning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 10, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Aluminum Radiator/Dual elec fan combo help

hey guys. i dont want to spend too much money nothing over $800. what are your recommendations for alum radiator/elec fan combo that I can bolt on. I want to buy something high quality and be done with it.

I'm running a 350 small block with factory ac.

I'm thinking about this one. any other suggestions??? I

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alumi...item3a5e94866f
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 10, 05:20 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Re: Aluminum Radiator/Dual elec fan combo help

A number of people have posted that they like that set up. Look on Amazon they sell there also. Watch out for the auto and manual versions they sell.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 10, 05:38 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12bolt View Post
hey guys. i dont want to spend too much money nothing over $800. what are your recommendations for alum radiator/elec fan combo that I can bolt on. I want to buy something high quality and be done with it.

I'm running a 350 small block with factory ac.

I'm thinking about this one. any other suggestions??? I

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alumi...item3a5e94866f
I would buy that one also. I have the Be Cool w/ dual spal 11" fans and it cost alot more than that.

Mike
69 Camaro Prostreet - purple w/ghost flames , 502 w/ 871 blower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 10, 05:41 PM
Senior Tech
Bobby

i run the entropy, very good quality for the price. i did pick up the fan wiring harness from them also.

69 Camaro Z/28 Rally Sport 10A of 68. 50 S with 723 int. .040 over 302 with m22 autogear wide ratio. BU 12 bolt posi.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 10, 02:57 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

If you ask me, that shroud is restricting a 23"X17" (391 sq/in) core down to a 2 x 12" diameter (226 sq/in) of air flow at highway speed.
391" in and 226" out with fan blades in the way can't be good.

Nov 68 Van Nuys. 327 floor-shift-auto, Frost Green and not much else when new.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 10, 08:16 PM
Senior Tech
Steven

I just put an entropy on my 69 (427 big block). Works awesome, never goes over 190. Hits 180 the fans kick on. They shut down when the temp drops. Works perfect. The wiring harness is a bit bulky but i mounted it on the fender near the battery.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 10, 02:32 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Why do you want an electric fan? I can see it if you have a specific need for clearance, desired appearance, or control / ECM reaons but not for optimal cooling. I find it hard to believe a guy can beat a factory shroud / 7 blade fan with an Aluminum radiator for cooling. Like Steve said above, those shrouds look restrictive. I went with an Alumitech 23 inch radiator and stayed with a factory shroud (from a 68 AC car) and fan for mine. The Alumitech ends look just like the factory Harrison radiators except they don't have the embossment and the core is obviously different.

On Edit: I think I paid 540 shipped for mine

69 Pace Car and 69 Hard top

Last edited by srode; Sep 20th, 10 at 05:15 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 10, 04:47 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

I am running a stock 4 core with a 7 blade fan with a factory shroud on 3 of my BB cars.
They are all over 400HP with AC and none of them have a heating issue, on my 69 truck I tow the show cars and no overheating for half the price of going with aluminum and electric fans. I have them detailed with gloss color to match the engine compartment, even the shroud and they look great.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 10, 06:06 AM
Senior Tech
Michael

Factory shroud w/ 7 blade fan and clutch work so well, they even somehow managed to cool AC cars (BB, SB and 6 bangers) with the old style brass radiators back in the day.

Imagine how well they work with just a modern aluminum radiator today.

Nobody has trouble (complains) with the factory shroud and fan setup. The only setups you see people whining about are electric fan cooled and usually after spending loads of money and a lot of head scratching.

Save your scalp and wallet, use the factory setup.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 10, 07:29 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mark

For a cheap dual fan set up alot of my 1st gen friends use a dual fan setup from a 4th gen LT1. Pretty cheap from a yard. Fit a 1st gen radiatior prety well also. Some just use a good set of relays and no controller. Others use a good controller setup.

67 'Bird vert 455 JW TH400 KRE d-port 310 cfm heads H-beam rods Comp Cam 305-AH-8 cam w/1.65 rockers Ford 9" 3.55 Detroit Locker M/T Radials 31x18x15 on Convo Pro 15x15s
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 10, 09:52 AM
Senior Tech
Ted

I run the Entropy on my 69 also. Very nice and I also used the wiring harness. I did splice and resolder the wiring as the harness was rather large. My temps run the same as Steven. I am running a 350 w/AC. If you get the radiator with the built in tranny cooler you can always plug the holes if you have a manual tranny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode