Radiator 3020093 with the "ZH" tag code - Team Camaro Tech
Heating & Cooling Heating, cooling and air conditioning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 11, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage
Radiator 3020093 with the "ZH" tag code

As a favor I'm care-taking a 69 SS stuffed in a shed 45 minutes north of me. I head up once a week to check on his property and I either run it or drive it around town running my errands to keep her loose while he is overseas.

I've been noticing a little seepage at the core and tank sides. I'm fearful it will blow out on one of the starts or drives this winter.

I looked at the Harrison reproduction listings but can't find one fitting the GM part number 3020093 with the "ZH" tag code at HBC. I know two cores is weird on an SS but he wants to keep it stock. Anybody know if Harrison made by Heartbeat City make one for the 3020093 with the "ZH" tag code?

While I was scrolling over the many Harrison options on the website I was a bit put off by the statement that "the radiator will start to rust in 24 hours after shipment due to the manufacturing process." Telling you to send it out to be glass bead blasted before painting. WTF can't they coat the steel to inhibit rusting? It is already over 500 bucks before you add a blaster to the mix.

I had this same radiator type rebuilt a while back on my Z-11 and I'm happy with its performance and look. It cost a lot less then the Harrison repro. But I don't know the condition of his or if it is recorable? No one seems to make the two core tracks either to support a recore and his is looking a bit less well for the ware.

Any advice would be appreciated

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 11, 07:11 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

Re: Radiator 3020093 with the "ZH" tag code

Alumitech makes some great duplications of the Harrison radiator and they have the OEM tags available for them too. They also repair them. If it's the original, I would probably try to get it repaired.

69 Pace Car and 69 Hard top
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 11, 07:26 AM
DT
Gold Lifetime Member
Donny

Garage

Brian, I buddy of mine paid top dollar for this radiator from HBC. It started to rust within a day. He even applied rust remover of some kind before spraying the radiator black. I will say the radiator is a spot on reproduction though.

1969 X66 396 LeMans Blue, M20, 373 (Sold)
1969 Convertible LS3 TKO 600, 373

Last edited by DT; Sep 25th, 11 at 09:05 AM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 11, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by srode View Post
Alumitech makes some great duplications of the Harrison radiator and they have the OEM tags available for them too. They also repair them. If it's the original, I would probably try to get it repaired.
Yeah that was my first thought but his seems to be borderline overheating and the shop I used for my rebuild is on the other side of the local mountain and I'm sure she would pop going over it.

For my rebuild I just pulled the rad in my garage dropped it off and picked it up. Easy. I'm afraid or removing it in the excuse of a garage where she is parked, no power, cracked up slab floor. I would need to use battery lighting and I'm sure I would drop something and never find it LOL I should have it towed I guess if I'm going to rebuild the unit. Or tarp the floor and bring up my generator and hang some shop lights.

I looked at the Alumitech site and this seems like the closest match:
https://secure.wf-api.com/www.chevel...all-block.html

But it doesn't say anything about the tags being included or how to specify which tag you want. I tried tossing one in my shopping cart but the site must be down as the hourglass ran on end until it said not found. Anyone purchased from them on-line before?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	getthumb?user=1874&site=2345&w=400&h=400&file=uploaded%2Fimages%2FRadiators%2FCAMARO%20A-67-69-M.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	24734  

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 11, 02:59 PM
Senior Tech
Steve

I bought a radiator for a 68AC SBC from him - nice piece and a great guy to work with. Give him a call on Monday if you can't get it to work, I did order mine on line but just the radiator and nothing else. I think the tags are extra, not included.

69 Pace Car and 69 Hard top
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 11, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Cool. Thanks Steve.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode