Team Camaro Tech banner

what shroud?

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  6672DRIVER 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Have searched as best as possible, but couldn't find what I need.
Have a '69 w/350/auto.
Aluminum rad (couldn't find brand on it anywhere), Flexlite electric fan without shroud currently.
I want the look of an original shroud as well as better cooling.
The rad is 26" wide by 17" high.
I also have factory air if that matters.
What shroud should I go with?
I was going to go with the '67/68 sb shroud, but it is only 24 1/4 wide by 19 1/2 tall. That doesn't seem the right size.
Picture of my current setup.
IMG_0583_zpsndxb1lro.jpg Photo by beancounter72 | Photobucket

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Stock look and better cooling, that migh be difficult without going back to a stock type fan and adapting a stock shroud.
Or go to Griffin radiators website and look at their aluminum shrouds. Maybe even upgrade to a new dual fan setup,that single fan looks a little small for that radiator and an a/c.

#6 ·
What CFM is that e-fan rated at? Two speed or single speed? Even with a shroud, it may not pull enough air through the A/C condensor and the radiator for efficient cooling.

If it does draw enough, and it will fit inside a stock shroud, you can fab the e-fan to fit, using tube spacers and long bolts and nuts to hold the e-fan at the shroud entrance opening. I have a Mark VIII in my Ford F150's shroud, and it works great this way. The same Mark VIII e-fan was used in a Ford Ranger as well.

What about your controller for the e-fan? This is just as important as the e-fan for proper operation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.