Vintage Air - Team Camaro Tech
Heating & Cooling Heating, cooling and air conditioning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old May 8th, 17, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Rob

Garage
Vintage Air

I'm about to have a vintage air installed on my 68 non ac car and I was wondering what everyone else who had it installed paid for the system and install.
It looks like the vintage air gen 4 is about 1400 but I am having a hard time swalling the labor price.

Do it right the first time every time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old May 8th, 17, 08:26 AM
Senior Tech
Greg

Re: Vintage Air

I installed my myself and did it when the engine and front end were off already. I can tell you it is a fair amount of labor to install. If you are doing it on a fully assembled car you will be removing a fender and removing the old heater box and vents from under the dash. Lots has to be removed to do that. I know it's not the answer you were wanting but I could see a place charging you 40 hours labor. Interested in others opinions as well.

My 69 Build thread :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 Z28 (sold)
1987 Iroc-Z (sold)
2005 350Z (sold)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old May 8th, 17, 09:20 AM
John

Garage

Shops will charge $1200- $1500 or more plus the cost of the system and charging the system

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old May 8th, 17, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice
Rob

Garage

I guess 1500 is the going rate. At least I know I'm not being ripped off.

Do it right the first time every time!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old May 8th, 17, 05:35 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tony

I put mine in myself. It was not that bad.

Tony
Follow my current Camaro project builds...
1967 Coupe (Sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1968 Convertible

1969 Convertible
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old May 9th, 17, 10:51 AM
Senior Tech
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fast68Z View Post
I guess 1500 is the going rate. At least I know I'm not being ripped off.
That sounds about right. If I remember correctly, I paid Camaro Concepts in Houston around $3000 for the kit and the installation on a car that was completely put together with engine in place.

67 RS, 327/275, PG

Born Sierra Fawn on Gold, now Bolero Red on Gold

Not sure how many owners, but she's mine now...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old May 29th, 17, 06:37 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Garage

I posted it in the vendor section, but will ask it here in a different way. I'd like to order a Vintage Air setup for my '69 BBC Camaro, and I don't want (can't afford) a serpentine setup, but I want the compressor on the passenger side and the alternator on the driver's side. So the big question is whether I should buy it from a Vendor like Classic Industries and see if they'd give me the 35% Memorial Day Sale discount from the list price... or buy it from some other authorized dealer?

I've heard pros and cons on doing it yourself, the big deal is removing hood, fender, and fender well to remove the heater core and replace it with the VA unit. My car wasn't AC originally, so I'm going to buy a new dash pad and OER center vent to make it look right.

'69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, 030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed, Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition
CompCams XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads, PYPES Full 3" SS Exhaust, Hooker Comp Headers, Wilwood Calipers/MC
JGC Steering Box, Helix Uppers/Lowers, ProForged BJs, SpeedHut Gauges, MOMO Steering Wheel, Budnik 17" Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode