Heating & Cooling Heating, cooling and air conditioning

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 17, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
George

Vintage Air and Screaming Performance kick panels

Hey all, I'm back!
It's been a few years, but it's time for me to get the Camaro back on the road!
I have a 67 convertible that I am taking down to the bare metal and rebuilding. I want to add at VA Gen IV setup and I like the the idea of hiding the hoses in the fender and going through blower motor hole. Has anyone been able to use the Screaming Performance kick panels with the hoses routed this way? I've tried to search, but the [email protected]#m Photobucket fiasco has displaced most of the pics on the subject.

Thanks Fellas!

Gunner V

'67 convertible 210HP 327/Powerglide (not anymore!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 17, 02:42 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jonathon

Re: Vintage Air and Screaming Performance kick panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerV View Post
Hey all, I'm back!
It's been a few years, but it's time for me to get the Camaro back on the road!
I have a 67 convertible that I am taking down to the bare metal and rebuilding. I want to add at VA Gen IV setup and I like the the idea of hiding the hoses in the fender and going through blower motor hole. Has anyone been able to use the Screaming Performance kick panels with the hoses routed this way? I've tried to search, but the [email protected]#m Photobucket fiasco has displaced most of the pics on the subject.

Thanks Fellas!

Gunner V
I have those panels and really don't see any way to run the hoses through the old vent hole and out through the blower motor hole. The vent hole is plugged with a recessed enclosure for the 6" speakers. I ran a bulkhead on my firewall and then turned the hoses back behind the fender brace riding on top of the inner fender.

68 Resto-Mod in progress..355sbc .350 Trans Rushforth wheels
My Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 17, 03:33 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Greg

Garage

I just went through this. Have those awesome The Shop LLC kick panels and can't even use them. I ended up buying some cheap a$$ plastic crap from Camaro Central that I will get wrapped in vinyl. The Shop panels put the speaker towards the back in the vent hole where the hoses need to go to get through the blower hole. The crap ones I just bought put the speaker in the front towards the door. In any sense, they will need to be modified for the hose pass through.

'68 Camaro with RS conversion
Moser 9" with 4:11
Martz Chassis 4-link and Front Sub-frame
Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 speed
572 BB - CM Engines
Wilwood 6 piston front and 4 piston rear disc

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 17, 05:21 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty68 View Post
I have those panels and really don't see any way to run the hoses through the old vent hole and out through the blower motor hole. The vent hole is plugged with a recessed enclosure for the 6" speakers. I ran a bulkhead on my firewall and then turned the hoses back behind the fender brace riding on top of the inner fender.
I used the bulkhead with EZ Clip fittings, and ran the hoses behind the front fender. It ends up using a lot more hose going behind the fender, and I'm not sure the hassle is worth it. But that's what I did.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 17, 05:58 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

Having more connections does not make sense if it is not necessary. I converted my factory AC car to Vintage AC. I ran the hoses through the front section of the kick panel and through the fan motor hole, under the fender and then under the radiator core support to the compressor, that hose was 12' and had it cut with the ends crimped by NAPA, about $3 for each end. Vintage furnished me with a 67 Chevelle 4 hole round plastic plate for the fan motor and the hoses to run through. I then re attached the ac plastic piece on the kick panel to hide the hoses. I have a smoothed firewall with no visible hoses and no ugly fittings exposed. The water hoses are braded and exit near the battery in front of the inner fender.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 17, 06:08 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Peter

Garage

I have the same dilemma. I have the Shop LLC kick panels and plan on vintage air. I talked with Vintage Air and they said they need to use the same space. I'm contemplating doing some fab to hide the hoses, but I'm not sure it is worth it in the end. I may create more issues than I solve. If anyone has pictures of an install with hidden hoses and Shop LLC's panels, I'd like to see them.

Pete

69 Camaro
Owner for 33 years
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 17, 07:36 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

I have the Screaming performance panels and VA with the hoses running through the blower motor hole. I can try to take some pictures if you like.
pwentz3l likes this.

Chris
1968 Camaro SS coupe, Lemans Blue/medium blue interior
LS3/T56 Ridetech Suspension
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 17, 07:48 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jonathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Camaro Guy View Post
Having more connections does not make sense if it is not necessary. I converted my factory AC car to Vintage AC. I ran the hoses through the front section of the kick panel and through the fan motor hole, under the fender and then under the radiator core support to the compressor, that hose was 12' and had it cut with the ends crimped by NAPA, about $3 for each end. Vintage furnished me with a 67 Chevelle 4 hole round plastic plate for the fan motor and the hoses to run through. I then re attached the ac plastic piece on the kick panel to hide the hoses. I have a smoothed firewall with no visible hoses and no ugly fittings exposed. The water hoses are braded and exit near the battery in front of the inner fender.
Did you use Screaming Performance kick panels with the install with speakers?

My Build:
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 17, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
I have the Screaming performance panels and VA with the hoses running through the blower motor hole. I can try to take some pictures if you like.
That would be great Chris, thanks. I am about 10,000 miles from my car (on another deployment) so I can't go in the garage and check it out until I get back.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 17, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty68 View Post
That is what I was afraid of. I'm hoping Hwystar Joe chimes in. I believe he used his old heater box to hide the hoses, but all the old pictures are gone from the site so I am not sure how he did it..

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 17, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Camaro Guy View Post
I agree. The dilemma is that that I want to put some big speakers in the kicks and they take up the room that most people use to route the hoses through the kick panel so I am looking for ideas.

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 17, 04:44 AM
Senior Tech
Bruce

How big do you want??? I have 6" in the original speaker holes, enlarged, 6x9's in the back, 2 12 Woffers in the trunk and 2200 watts. As loud as our ears can stand and rattles the windows. All with keeping the interior stock and room for the AC hoses to be hidden and easy to install as there is less connections. System is all Pioneer Premier and was last years model so it was discounted from Sonic. . . .total cost $600.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 17, 07:07 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jonathon

The OP is asking who has used screaming performance kick panels, not stock. The screaming performance kicks don't allow much room for any hoses if any at all. The speaker sits right in the stock vent hole which is where the hoses need to go to reach the blower motor hole in the firewall.

My Build:
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 17, 08:28 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Ted

Garage

Just FYI, but I have VA with the hoses ran through the blower hole and The Shop LLC kick panels and I had no issues. My car is a 69. It was a frame off so maybe having it completely apart helped.

1969 Camaro, 383, M23Z from Jody's Transmission, Ford 9 inch w/3.00 gears, Ridetech tubular A arms, coil overs, 4 Link, Wilwood brakes, No Weeds cutouts, e-stopp, kick panels and package tray from The Shop LLC, TMI seats and one piece headliner, Vintage Air
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 17, 09:52 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

The Camaro Guy have you got any pictures of your install?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode