Cold Case Introduction - Team Camaro Tech
Heating & Cooling Heating, cooling and air conditioning

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 18, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Eric

Cold Case Introduction

Hey guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself from Cold Case. We are new sponsors here in the heating and cooling section.
We are here to help with advice and would be hoping to earn your trust when you start to have cooling issues with your Camaros

Eric

Follow Cold Case on Facebook and Instagram!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 18, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Eric

Re: Cold Case Introduction

>
> Cold Case is here to help
> We are proud to be a Sponsor of Camaros.net. I'm sure many of you are asking 'Who the heck is Cold Case?' I thought I'd post a little FAQ here that I think will answer most of your questions:
>
> Q- Is Cold Case a new company?
>
> A- While the Cold Case brand is only a couple of years old, Cold Case is a product line of Max Performance Inc. which has been in business as a specialty American car and truck parts supplier for the past 30 years and was started by the same people who brought you Pypes Performance Exhaust.
>
> Q- there's a lot of debate over Copper/Brass or Aluminum.
>
> A- And there probably always will be. If you are doing a concours correct numbers matching vehicle, you simply need an original copper/brass OEM radiator. However, Aluminum, although much lighter, is incredibly strong when no epoxy is used. It dissipates heat faster. It looks nicer. Aluminum pricing is down and copper pricing is up. It's a change for the better for most of you! As you read further, you'll see we've answered any other negatives with regard to aluminum.
>
> Q- The market is full of Radiator Companies. Why yet another?!
>
> A- Yes, agreed. We fully admit there is no shortage of expensive high quality radiators and there is no shortage of no-name aluminum radiators on all over Ebay and Amazon but we feel there is a big need for a high quality brand you can trust at a price that is not all that far off of the cheap no-name brands.
>
> Q- Do you have radiators for everything? Do you do custom work?
>
> A- At this time, we don't do custom work. We only make radiators that we have identified as at least somewhat popular. Everything we have is made in a production environment in reasonable quantities. This allows us to keep our prices down,
>
> Q- So what makes Cold Case better than the high end brands
>
> A- We're not claiming to be better than these brands. In fact, one of the disadvantages of Cold Case is that we don't do custom work and we don't do specialty high horsepower vehicles at this time. However, our construction quality, design elements, tig welding and materials all rival the big guys. One thing we can claim that beats some of the expensive box welded tank lines is that our radiators are designed to fit in the factory position with factory hardware, shrouds and brackets in most cases. We can claim this because both our top and bottom tanks are stamped to look and fit like originals.
>
> Q- What makes Cold Case better than the all the no name brands?
>
> A-
> 1. We have stamped tanks for an OEM look and application correct fitment
> 2. Rather than using 2,3 or 4 small tubes in our cores, All our radiators are built with BB capacity utilizing 2 oversize rows that cool 20,30 or even 40% better than 4, 3 or 2 row cores the no name brands use.
> 3. All our tanks are fully polished
> 4. We use OEM petcock valves
> 5. Our filler necks are welded from the inside instead of the outside.
> 6. Our filler necks allow you to use an OEM radiator cap if you choose.
> 7. Because we use OEM style tanks, ours can mount using all the factory brackets, fan shrouds and hardware.
> 8. We offer a Lifetime Warranty and a 60 day cool guarantee.
> 9. Our tech staff is always available by phone or e-mail to answer your questions
> 10. Although the brand is new, our parent company has been around for 30 years. You can trust we'll be around in the future.
>
> Q- How can you offer such a high quality product at such a reasonable price?
>
> A- 1. We use stamped tanks which require less welding to produce
> 2. Our line isn't quite as expansive as others but each model we make is
> made in higher production volume to reduce costs.
> 3. We're the new kid on the block. We have to get your attention
> somehow. Maybe if we get rich and famous, we'll raise our prices
> too!
>
> We'll be monitoring this forum and from time to time should be able to objectively contribute helpful information to solve your cooling problems in the future. Thanks for giving us this opportunity.
>

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 18, 04:31 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Greg

Garage

Welcome to TC

'68 Camaro with RS conversion
Moser 9" with 4:11
Martz Chassis 4-link and Front Sub-frame
Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 speed
572 BB - CM Engines
Wilwood 6 piston front and 4 piston rear disc

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 18, 05:09 AM
John

Garage

Do you offer LS radiators?

2017 Corvette ZO6 with ZO7 Option
66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 18, 08:37 AM
Senior Tech
jim

Garage

Welcome to TC, I talked to one of your reps at SEMA, Looked like a nice product
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 18, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
Do you offer LS radiators?
Yes! They are on the website but here's a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RPE547A.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	205258  

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 18, 07:03 AM
Tech Team
rick

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_cspan View Post
Yes! They are on the website but here's a picture.

Checked your website - it doesn't mention provisions for the steam line.

1969 Camaro Coupe -Being Restored
1963 Corvette Convertible - Red/Black, LS3, Tremec 5 speed, R&P, 1996 Suspension
1966 Mustang Convertible - 347 w/Holley EFI, AOD, Candy Apple Red/Black
1973 Ford Bronco - To Be Restored
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 18, 05:01 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Rick - Eric_cspan from Cold Case has not logged in to Team Camaro since Apr 25th, at 18 02:42 PM.
I guess technically Cold Case still sponsor's the forum, even if they don't care enough for the TC community here to bother to login on a daily basis.

Maybe try their website or try another vendor.

Brian

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 18, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick69coupe View Post
Checked your website - it doesn't mention provisions for the steam line.
Steamports are in the radiator.
It may be an old picture but new runs have been made with the steamports in.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 18, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
Rick - Eric_cspan from Cold Case has not logged in to Team Camaro since Apr 25th, at 18 02:42 PM.
I guess technically Cold Case still sponsor's the forum, even if they don't care enough for the TC community here to bother to login on a daily basis.

Maybe try their website or try another vendor.

Brian
I think this is a little harsh :/
I've had trouble logging in here.

We do sponsor several forums and try to get around to all of them. We don't have a dedicated forum rep. Just not enough manpower here...at least yet!

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 18, 07:37 AM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Welcome back Eric. You should have dropped any of the moderators a line to say you were having issues logging in. We could have gotten you online in a flash.

Sorry if you felt my comment was harsh, we are a bit jaded here at Team Camaro as we have had sponsors before arrive with good intentions and then over time leave many members flapping in the breeze with outstanding customer service issues with goods and services they championed here in the first place. Then they stop answering emails and pms from members, on the road to closing shop. So I tend to look at lack of logins to the forums and regular interface with members by sponsors as the start of that cycle of lack of interest in our community.

I apologize.

Brian
Deangelo66 likes this.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 18, 08:29 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brett

Garage

Quote:
I think this is a little harsh :/
I've had trouble logging in here.

We do sponsor several forums and try to get around to all of them. We don't have a dedicated forum rep. Just not enough manpower here...at least yet!
I had similar logging issues, and when I wanted to log in I had it resolved in a timely manner. I see that your resolution was very timely as well. Who knows, if you had resolved it three months ago you might have sold enough product to hire a dedicated forum rep.

I do agree with Cold-Case's perception that fewer, larger cooling tubes are more efficient than more of them. I purchased a Griffin two row for my 396 before I had heard of your product (ironic), and it has no problem cooling my engine. Do you, or will you offer a variable speed fan controller similar to this; Lingenfelter VSFM-002

Thanks,
Brett.....

Rockets Up In 2020!

1969 Code X-66 SS 396 - RS Conversion - TKO600 - 3.73 Posi - Paint Code 71-LeMans Blue
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 18, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettallen59 View Post
I had similar logging issues, and when I wanted to log in I had it resolved in a timely manner. I see that your resolution was very timely as well. Who knows, if you had resolved it three months ago you might have sold enough product to hire a dedicated forum rep.

I do agree with Cold-Case's perception that fewer, larger cooling tubes are more efficient than more of them. I purchased a Griffin two row for my 396 before I had heard of your product (ironic), and it has no problem cooling my engine. Do you, or will you offer a variable speed fan controller similar to this; Lingenfelter VSFM-002

Thanks,
Brett.....
Our fan and wiring kits are designed for one speed and to turn on off a thermostat switch.
And yes. 2 big rows is the way to go in aluminum. We use the same 1.25" tubes that Griffin uses!

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 18, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69-Pace View Post
Welcome back Eric. You should have dropped any of the moderators a line to say you were having issues logging in. We could have gotten you online in a flash.

Sorry if you felt my comment was harsh, we are a bit jaded here at Team Camaro as we have had sponsors before arrive with good intentions and then over time leave many members flapping in the breeze with outstanding customer service issues with goods and services they championed here in the first place. Then they stop answering emails and pms from members, on the road to closing shop. So I tend to look at lack of logins to the forums and regular interface with members by sponsors as the start of that cycle of lack of interest in our community.

I apologize.

Brian
I kept forgetting passwords and having to reset and such.
It's honestly just hard keeping up with all the forums we sponsor and belong to. We just don't have that many people doing all that we do.

Don't go back the lack of logins. If someone ever has an issue, we are always a phone call away. We've been in business for almost 40 years now. We aren't closing shop anytime soon!

Apology accepted
69-Pace likes this.

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 18, 09:49 AM
Tech Team
rick

Garage

Quote:
Steamports are in the radiator.
It may be an old picture but new runs have been made with the steamports in.
Thanks

1969 Camaro Coupe -Being Restored
1963 Corvette Convertible - Red/Black, LS3, Tremec 5 speed, R&P, 1996 Suspension
1966 Mustang Convertible - 347 w/Holley EFI, AOD, Candy Apple Red/Black
1973 Ford Bronco - To Be Restored
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode