Radiator Height - Team Camaro Tech
Heating & Cooling Heating, cooling and air conditioning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 18, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
CJ

Radiator Height

I installed an aftermarket radiator into my 68 which is a performance upgrade, so I had to drill all new holes. I noticed that the filler neck is kind of long, so now I'm worried the cap might hit the hood. I couldn't think of a way to convey the measurements, so let me ask this in a different way: The 68 has two big round support bars running from the fender to the radiator support wall. Does the cap have to be 100% below the top plane of these bars? I put a 2x4 across the top of the bars, and the cap edge is high enough to make contact, and go a bit higher than, the bottom edge of the 2x4. I'm buying a new hood later, so I can't just demo the fit right now. But hopefully using the bars as a reference, will help me get it dialed in correctly. So does anyone know if I am too high with the cap, given this info?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 18, 03:23 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

Re: Radiator Height

my fan shroud is actually a little higher that the fender bars so I can't get an accurate measurement.
I used a 4' level and the best I can guess by holding the level and measuring is the cap in my champion radiator is 5/8" above the fender bar
hope this helps
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 18, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
CJ

Re: Radiator Height

Yes, thanks flat tire. That presumably means that there is some space between the tops of the bars and the underside of the hood, so I probably should should be ok since I'm only about 1/8" to 3/16" over the top plane of those bars.

1968 Camaro
Corvette Bronze - Black SS Stripe
540 BBC - TKO 600 - Currie 9

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode