Vintage Air Install - Team Camaro Tech
Heating & Cooling Heating, cooling and air conditioning Sponsored by:Cold-Case Aluminum Radiators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 19, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Tim

Vintage Air Install

I am getting ready to finish my Vintage Air install and have a couple of wiring questions specific to the AAW Classic Update kit I previously installed.

First - can I use the 30 amp fused accessory lead that comes with the AAW block instead of using the circuit breaker which comes with the VA kit? I am going to use one of the extra switched ignition leads to fire the violet wire as well.

Second - is it really necessary to run the two white wires back to my battery ground post in the trunk or can I use an under dash grounding block?

I feel like I can eliminate a lot of long leads by doing the above but not sure if it's appropriate.

1969 Camaro - a gift from the brother-in-law build thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 19, 03:53 PM
Team Member
Don

Re: Vintage Air Install

Lots of guys successfully donít follow the instructions but you should understand that there is a risk of noise interfering with the operation of the unit. That is why they specifically state to run the red and white wires straight to the battery. That is also why there are two white wires. One for the high current, the other for the sensitive electronics.

I recommend you retain the thermal circuit breaker. They have a higher tolerance for surges.

Don

1969 Camaro LSA 6L90E AME subframe and IRS
1969 Camaro vert LS3 4L65E Ridetech level 2 - sold
1959 El Camino project
1969 Mustang Sportsroof project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1956 Cameo project - C5 drivetrain
1957 Buick Caballero project

Last edited by dhutton; Oct 19th, 19 at 05:18 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 19, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Tim

Re: Vintage Air Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
Lots of guys successfully donít follow the instructions but you should understand that there is a risk of noise interfering with the operation of the unit. That is why they specifically state to run the red and white wires straight to the battery. That is also why there are two white wires. One for the high current, the other for the sensitive electronics.

I recommend you retain the thermal circuit breaker. They have a higher tolerance for surges.

Don
Thanks for the response Don. I am inclined to follow them (the directions) but wanted to see if others had done something different. It's not a problem to run them to the trunk and I intentionally purchased the yellow top so I could have accessory wires going to the screw in connectors on the side of the battery. I thought it would be nice to get rid of the breaker and use the included 30 amp fuse but will probably stick with the VA factory directions.

1969 Camaro - a gift from the brother-in-law build thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode