Team Camaro Tech banner

Electric Fan Engine Cooling

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  philguilford 
#1 ·
I have a 69 Camaro with 383 stroker and with a Wizard Cool custom radiator with dual 12" SPal fans. I am running a sensor that turns them on at 180 degrees. I also have a manual switch.
Question: What are others doing here, are you running then constantly or same as I have described here.

Just want some thoughts on this.
Thanks

#2 ·
My set-up with the SBC,3 row aluminum (stock style replacement) with twin 11"-12" ? (forget) that were on all the time with motor running. No issue.
Now with the LSx using the same cooling system and a fan controller (Davies Craig) that cycles them...I also now use an electric water pump (35gpm) and no thermostat…. still no issue

#4 ·
Where would you get a 180f on/ 175f off coolant switch? I have a Ron Davis setup with dual spal fans. Spal offers 2 settings for their stainless coolant switches. 195f on/175f off and 185f on/165f off. I have the latter but my coolant will never go below 165f in hot weather/traffic so basically always on unless coasting downhill.

Thanks in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.