Team Camaro Tech banner

Electric fan sending unit

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  dhutton 
#1 ·
What sending unit is everybody using and what temp on and what temp off? Part and make numbers would be appreciated.

#2 ·
#3 ·
Been using the spal also, 160 milodon stat

Problem with the on/185 switch is even thought it says 175 off Ithink?! Seems it wants to shut off at 165 which means it runs all the time.

If you use the 200 on switch think youll be better off. At some point I will be putting a plastic flex back on and use the 200 on as a backup. The fluctuation in temps bothers me esp using a solid. Maybe the lash grows or doesnt but not a fan of it.

A real controller is probably best just dont know enough about them to comment.
The way to go is brushless....think the co is DeltaPaq real nice piece. "smart". However not reading the best reviews on their controllers the fans are off the hook though.

Or grab a good OEM setup off a HD V*, truck luxury car not a 4 or 6 cyl. If you think about it those are engineered to handle just about any situation and last seemingly forever.

#5 ·
This fan runs on 115v DC and was meant to be used on ships. Assembled with parts of many different Westinghouse fans from the 20s-40s, it was produced from roughly 1941-1960. I've already got it running nice (on AC too with the addition of a rectifier in the base) and am now in the process of cleaning and polishing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.