Team Camaro Tech banner

dash/console light locations?: 69 camaro coupe manual transmission

4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  BPOS 
#1 ·
I have a 69 camaro with manual and feel like I am missing under dash or console lights. Others talk about lights on the center console too shining onto the shift plate. Where are the lights located shining on the center console. I do have lights in the gauges but not shining on the console.

Where should lights be under the left and right dash? do they simply shine onto the floor? I am going to make my own but want to know where they 'should' be.

Is the color considered simply...green or is it a blue green in the dash?

#2 ·
The lights in the console shift plate are for Auto's only. Manual cars only got lights in the console gauge option. The footwell lights were an option as well (included in verts and deluxe interior). All dash and console lights had a green tint from colored plastic lenses. But I had to use a green sharpy to get the shift plate to be "more" green to match dash. the footwell lights were normal white. A small metal plate was screwed to underdash and a light socket was fitted.

#3 ·
Ricks has them for $9 ea, cheap if you ask me, but you will need to buy the $30 wiring harness too :)

Camaro Courtesy Light Bracket, Under Dash, 1967-1969 Part # IN-98
Quality Reproduction of Original (2) Required per Car Made in USA Wiring Harnesses per Application Sold Separately See More Photos For Part Installed on Car Rick's Camaros offers this neat little factory option for your 1967-1969 Camaro. These courtesy light brackets mount to the underside of the dash one on either side. Made from durable material with factory inspired bends and mounting point, for an easy trouble free installation. Connect the separate wiring harness to the fuse box, install the bulbs into the sockets (sockets are part of the wiring harness) and you have foot lighting which lights up on the driver and passenger side front floors in your 1967, 1968, 1969 Camaro. Trust Ricks Camaros for all your part needs. Learn More
Camaro Courtesy Light Wiring Harness, Under Dash, 1969 Part # 91554
Reproduction Of Original Correct Color Wiring Correct Connectors This Camaro reproduction wiring harness has been manufactured to original factory specifications using today's modern manufacturing techniques. You will find the fit and function will work superbly for your restoration. In addition, using a reproduction wiring harness from Rick's will add authenticity and value to your Camaro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.