Team Camaro Tech banner

Center console ground bolt?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  TClovis 
#1 ·
I'm putting my console back in the car and hooking up the shifter wires. I can generally see where the black ground goes but the bolt it attaches to isn't tightening.

Anyone have a picture of the what the bolt looks like that mounts south of the shifter into the tunnel? The two north of it are in but I can't tighten that one down for some reason so it might be wrong.

Also, is this the spot where that black shifter wire/ground mounts?

This is for a 69 console.

#2 ·
Ok can someone explain to me where the black wire in the console attaches? The other wires are attached. I believe the black wire is a ground. It was attached at one point to a bolt that won't tighten into the hump so I am not sure that was ever right.

My two hang ups are where the black wire attaches? If in deed it does attach to a bolt that screws into the hump....what does the bolt look like?

#8 ·
As it's a ground wire you can attach it wherever you want....what I've done in such situations is crimp on a ring at the end of the ground wire and use a #10 - 3/4" sheet metal screw and just put it into the sheet metal on the hump. You're going to be covering it up with the console plates so it won't be unsightly.

#4 ·
The screw in mine is long...about 2 inches. And from that pic it looks like it enters through the area where the sleeve is. Mine might be way off and that long screw might not be correct either.
I think I'm going to need to see a pic with it the shifter plate off and everything wired up.

#6 ·
Best thing you can do is buy an assembly manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.