Team Camaro Tech - View Single Post - Aeromotive Stealth In Tank Fuel Pump
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 15, 05:44 PM
Fred Ficarra
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

Re: Aeromotive Stealth In Tank Fuel Pump

What I want to know is what is wrong with a 3/8" return line. (factory original supply line on my car) I called Aeromotive to question the high pressure I was getting with their regulator that they advertised to work with TBI systems OR carbs. (6psi) I was told by their talking-head that MY return line was too restrictive and to replace it with a half inch line even though their docs didn't mention it. Well, great. Now what? I wanted to have the option of either induction system with their A1000 that had been in service for about 4 years and only failed 2 or three times. Great product. Right? (sarchasm)
So, instead of making my return line larger, I came up with the idea of using a pre-installed ball valve to make the supply line a little smaller. It's there to shut off the fuel returning when changing the filter at the tank. So, I tweaked the valve closed until the pressure gauge was showing 6 psi. I know, lame. But it worked until I could design a better system. I just removed Aeromotive's regulator and built a two stage regulator. That way nothing was restricted.
If I'm ranting it's because I just hate being told what amounts to, in my opinion, BS by the people who are there to support their product. Here's another one. MSD. I'm talking to them about one of many failures. I mention the wiring on the big-wire-side and how a capacitor is in-line to control radio static and had been there for over 30 years. He went ballistic and yelled at me to remove it because it's not an approved component with their stuff. He wanted to know where I got the idea to do such an awful thing? I told him too many years had passed to remember. Well, this conversation took place about two years ago. After hanging up I surfed their web site. You guessed it. The exact same capacitor (microfards or what ever they're called) is sold by MSD for the exact purpose as I used mine for, wired like I did. These companies are hiring their help by the pound. grrr.
Wanna hear about the tech man at Mickey Thompson tires? The guy who told me my flat slick is normal, that he sees it every day?! Yep slicks blowing out at 120mph is normal. I'll never buy their tires again.

One owner 69 Camaro,(yep, bought it new
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
RS SS Hugger Orange, L88, 4:10's tru-tack posi, ducted hood, Endura, spoilers.
TH400 (CX) with Coan 8" converter, GV-OD, 8 track still on console and best et 10.495,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
128.79mph 1.428 60'
All with 1960's stuff. (except tires and converter)
+ MT Super Scavenger headers & 3" full exhaust with X pipe. 3700 lbs. with me in it.
1000cfm AED and HD Harold-Lunati SR, 725 lift with shaft rockers too.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome