Team Camaro Tech banner

1967 Convertible Windshield Angle & Tolerances

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  tp_smith 
#1 ·
Need to know if any one knows what angle the windshield is if measured on the passenger / driver's short portion of the windshield frame (with car level). My '67 convertible has some serious rust on both rockers and the windshield frame flexes quite a bit. I have measured 42 degrees on one side & 44 on the other. I'm working on fabbing braces to set these dimensions prior to any major rust removal.

Thanks for the Help.

Thomas

#2 ·
I don't know the angle, but I can take measurements from certain points If you want.
Welcome to Team Camaro:hurray:

#3 ·
Thanks,

That would be helpful. I have droppped plumb bobs from each frame to the rocker panel & measured back horizontally with the car level. I have also made measurements from the wind. frame back to the inner door frame (striker side). I can send you some pics if necessary.

#4 ·
Pics or a sketch of exactly where you want the measurements to and from would be great.

#6 ·
There is an old post that should be a sticky. It measures the convertible windshield to the quarter panel door area. This might help.

https://www.camaros.net/forums/12-body-shop/152872-67-vert-measurements-needed-please.html

Listed below are my measurements of the reproduction panels. My 1969 model is almost identical to the 1967 measurements.

These are my measurements from my notebook. Please refer to the link "67 vert measurements..." for the start and end measurement points. (A), (B), (C) measurements in the above post are the same as my (A), (B), (C) measurements below.

driver side (B): top windshield to top quarter panel 31.25 inches
pass side (B): top windshield to top quarter panel 31.25 inches
driver side (A): A pillar fender top screw hole to top quarter panel top 43.1"
pass side (A): A pillar fender top screw hole to top quarter panel 43.25 inches
quarter panel top to quarter panel top (C) 60 inches
quarter panel driver to top windshield pass (A) 63 inches
quarter panel pass to top windshield driver (A) 63 inches.
A pillar flange to the end of the rocker (front wheel house) 63.25 inches
Bottom of door to rocker 0.15-0.03 inches (factory specs)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.