1st Annual Cars and Coffee at Classic Car Blasting in Hampstead, NH - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Cruiz-Ins Get-togethers, Announcements, Shows & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 13, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Phil

1st Annual Cars and Coffee at Classic Car Blasting in Hampstead, NH

We are hosting our 1st Annual "Cars and Coffee" show at our shop in Hampstead from 9am-Noon this Saturday (Sunday rain date).

I am moving my '73 Camaro project to the shop this week (seeing how this is where we spend all of our time!), so it will be it's 1st show too. :crazy:

We hope to see you there!

http://www.classicpartsblasting.com/...nd-coffee.html

Phil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Car Media Blasting:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 18th, 13, 08:46 AM
Senior Tech
TJ

Re: 1st Annual Cars and Coffee at Classic Car Blasting in Hampstead, N

Already have plans for that day

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 13, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Phil

The show is on...with 0% chance of rain this AM, we hope to see you at the show!

Phil

Full Car Media Blasting:

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 13, 10:18 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

Phil, thanks for hosting your event today, myself and a friend came over (via my 69 Camaro) and enjoyed looking at your operation and all the fine rides that showed up. Didn't get to meet you in person but perhaps sometime in the future. Boy it was another hot one so thank you for the iced bottles of water.

69 Camaro Z/28 RS, original Azure Turquoise, M21 & 3.73 12-bolt posi. NOM 406ci, AFR 210 heads, Straub hyd. roller cam & Dynatech 1-3/4" > 1-7/8" headers, QuickFuel 750 Annular. Photos at:
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 13, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Phil

Your welcome, we had a great time and thank you for coming! I was sorry that I missed you, I (of course) noticed your car and had been trying to get down to it to meet you and check it out, but I was just getting pulled in 15 different directions.

I was especially disappointed that I didn't get to look at your car after seeing you leave....is sounds awesome! We may need to setup a little "burn out" area on our commercial drive for our next get-together, Gigante Drive makes for a nice "launching strip."

We will have have another "Cars and Coffee" in the Fall when it's a bit cooler and I will be sure to post the dates here soon.

Phil

Full Car Media Blasting:
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 13, 06:37 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

Phil,

Completely normal (read expected) to get pulled in fifteen (or more) directions in that type of situation.

Thanks for the compliment on how she sounds (and yes she's been known to spin the tires a bit every now and then)

I'll watch for your fall repeat event and definitely try to make it over again and this time (provided it's not so hot), I'll try and wait until we meet up before heading out.

BTW, I think I saw your 73 shell inside one of your bays, looks like a nice solid platform to work from

Scott

69 Camaro Z/28 RS, original Azure Turquoise, M21 & 3.73 12-bolt posi. NOM 406ci, AFR 210 heads, Straub hyd. roller cam & Dynatech 1-3/4" > 1-7/8" headers, QuickFuel 750 Annular. Photos at:
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 13, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Phil

Sounds like a plan Scott!

Yes, that was my '73 project in the far bay on the KwikLift. I just moved it from our house to our shop (where I am most of the time!), so I am hoping to get to sneak in more hours on it on a weekly basis. The goal is to have it road worthy by next Spring/Summer.

Phil

Full Car Media Blasting:
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 13, 06:25 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

Looking forward to following your progress on it, it looked really clean and solid. What was the induction system sitting on that fine power plant up front?

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 13, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Phil

It is a classic weber 8-carb setup (48 IDF). The manifold was made by Pierce Manifolds in CA.

The fuel line is temporary (came with the setup). I will be replacing it with black -AN fittings and black braided line.

I have a build website here: http://73camarobuild.com/

Phil

Full Car Media Blasting:
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 13, 07:29 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Hey Phil, glad to see you back on this site! That bigblock looks radical. Hopefully I can make your next get together and bring some other Boston boys with me.
~Tom

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 13, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Phil

Hey Tom...wow, I clicked on your Camaro pic link..whoa! Last time I saw your car I think it was in original paint...it looks great!

Phil

Full Car Media Blasting:
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 13, 08:19 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

Hey Tom,

Just in case I don't get down to Melrose to visit my aunt & uncle again before Phil has his next event, I'll plan on meeting up with you there this fall (assuming no conflicts in social calendar).

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 13, 08:32 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Phil, thanks, I've done quite a bit of work since you last saw it but it's never done.

Scott, summer family stuff has been the priority lately and the camaro has been sitting in the garage, but we will surely get together later this summer or early fall!

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 13, 10:54 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Hey Phil- I was planning on coming but succumbed to Heat Derangement Syndrome. The idea of sitting in a puddle of sweat on the ride over did me in. Convertibles, black vinyl seats and 95 degree weather are a bad combination. Definitely plan to be there if you have an event in the Fall, and I might even bring some parts with me!

Kevin

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old Jul 23rd, 13, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Phil

Hi Kevin! Did you ever get your son's 3rd gen done?

Yeah, the heat was a challenge. We had about 30 cars over the 3 hours (and 5-6 bikes), but I am guessing we lost 10-15 potentials due to weather. Still, not too bad for our 1st event though. I think the Fall will bring even more cars.

What are you working on these days?

Phil

Full Car Media Blasting:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode