Arizona autocross - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Cruiz-Ins Get-togethers, Announcements, Shows & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 13, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dale

Arizona autocross

The Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts (ACE) guys are at it again. This is a good way to get as many autocross/ drift/ goof off/ doughnuts/ competition, runs as you would like in a day. Last time the 2 f body participants had to stop, there was no rubber left on their rear tires.
If you would like to try autocrossing without any pressure to do well, or think you may look like an idiot, this is the place to go, everyone there has very little experience, and all have fun. Last time there was a dead stock 70 firebird, and he had fun.

http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiast...orums/index.ph p?showtopic=24098

(Desert Dawg)
Call me an idiot for trying this again but here goes.
I talked to Brenan at the charity event Saturday about an ACE fun autoX on Bondurant and he has already called me back. Yes they are willing to let us yahoo's on their property to play so who's interested?

When, November 9th or 10th
Price, 25 drivers = $150 each. 35 drivers = $100 each 45 drivers = $75 each.
As of now I don't have all the info but I will either post it up as soon as I can get it or I have invited Brennon to join ACE to help.

It would be cool to get our foot in the door with Bondurant for future stuff because ACE is the best, and well we really need to get in good so we can play...
Remember that Bondurant may also have use of the drag strip in the future.....

Dale

68 Dana 302, 68 rs 327 daily driver/family car, 71 rs, track car/ driver, 68 firebird 400, 70 formula 400, 73 type LT, 98 TA, 2 goofy kids and an incredible wife.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 13, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dale

Re: Arizona autocross

A little more info ...

The more cars we have participating, the less it will cost per car. Expectations will be 50 cars, and last year there were several cars who got over 20 runs.
This is a chance for anyone and everyone to come play in a safe environment with your Camaro, push it a little bit to learn your car's and your own personal limit.
You will run against a clock and either only one car at a time or spaced out to a safe distance so there will be no contact with anyone else.
No workers to hit, and if all goes well you can get in as many runs as you want.

If you've never had the chance to really see what your Camaro can do then this is it, max speed should be around 65mph with most corners at a slower pace.

68 Dana 302, 68 rs 327 daily driver/family car, 71 rs, track car/ driver, 68 firebird 400, 70 formula 400, 73 type LT, 98 TA, 2 goofy kids and an incredible wife.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 13, 09:06 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Robert

Now this sounds like a blast! Heck, I might tow the car there for a lil fun. I love Arizona. I'm going to nudge grandpa Joe on this one. He lives in Tucson.
Thanks for the info.

68 Camaro SS... getting there!!
"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."
If I can only convince myself of this!

My slooow build thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 13, 04:54 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Need to look into this for sure. Nor sure about my crap trans/shlush box though.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 13, 05:41 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Link fixed

http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiast...howtopic=24098

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 13, 05:49 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Where is this supposed to be? What part of AZ. I know people that go to Marana, near Tucson.

-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 13, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dale

This is planned for "Firebird", Bondurant, Wild Horse Pass, whatever people want to call it these days, in Phoenix.

Update....

Ok, heres the details.... Lets see if we can get more Camaros than vettes

You can get a taste of autocrossing without the competition.

November 9th 2013

8am to 1pm or there abouts

Bondurant autocross track with some added skidpad area for extra course...

2 Bondurant instructors on site (for insurance purposes)

30 to 50 drivers will be $100 per driver...........

I'll cover the bill to reserve the date if enough of you guys say your in.

Helmuts will be required (Bondurant has a room full of loaners)

Drifting will be approved by the instructors if they feel you have control of your car (and senses)

Also Bondurant should have thier fleet of C7's by then, we're not sure if they will be used or just drooled on but the plan is to maybe setup an ACE demo day soon for anyone wanting to get more intimate with GM's new hotrod.

get your questions posted NOW, and commit so I can go and get this event payed for!

http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiast...howtopic=24098

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode