Fall "Cars & Coffee" Show in NH - Sept. 28th - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Cruiz-Ins Get-togethers, Announcements, Shows & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 13, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Phil

Fall "Cars & Coffee" Show in NH - Sept. 28th

We have secured the date for our next "Cars and Coffee" event. It will be Saturday, September 28th from 9:00-Noon at our shop in Hampstead, NH. All special interest vehicles are welcome.

Here is our show flyer:

And you can go here for more info:

http://www.classiccarblasting.com/cars-and-coffee.html

We hope to see you there!

Thanks,

Phil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Car Media Blasting:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 13, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Phil

Re: Fall "Cars & Coffee" Show in NH - Sept. 28th

2 weeks from today....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Full Car Media Blasting:
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 13, 08:56 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

This Saturday! I'm in!
Anybody else from MA want to cruise up with me?
~Tom

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 13, 11:11 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose RS View Post
This Saturday! I'm in!
Anybody else from MA want to cruise up with me?
~Tom
Wish I could. I'll be out of the country for the next couple weeks. Maybe we can squeeze in a cruise after that. Have fun though!

post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 13, 12:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Rally View Post
Wish I could. I'll be out of the country for the next couple weeks. Maybe we can squeeze in a cruise after that. Have fun though!
Yeah, I didn't want to speak for you, buddy~But there is plenty more calendar before the snow flies.

-
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 13, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Phil

Not to jinx it, but the weather forecast is 72 degrees and sunny with 0% chance of rain for Saturday...I am hoping that this will be the case! We should get a nice turnout.

Glad you can make it Tom, I think Kevin said he would be coming as well.

Phil

Full Car Media Blasting:
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 13, 07:30 AM
Senior Tech
Dante

Garage

I'll be there! Looking forward to meeting new friends and getting advice on a restoration project.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 13, 04:39 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

I'm still planning on being there, my buddy Steve is planning on attending as well with his 68 SS and a good friend of mine with a 52 Pan/Shovel chopper is coming over too. I spread the word to a number of people I spoke with this past Saturday at Skips last cruise-in day of the season.

Dante, hoping to meet up with you in person on Saturday. Did you get your newest family member moved to your place last Saturday as you were planning?

Scott

69 Camaro Z/28 RS, original Azure Turquoise, M21 & 3.73 12-bolt posi. NOM 406ci, AFR 210 heads, Straub hyd. roller cam & Dynatech 1-3/4" > 1-7/8" headers, QuickFuel 750 Annular. Photos at:
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 13, 05:02 AM
Senior Tech
Dante

Garage

Yes I did Scott.
Now the fun begins. I sure hope I am up to the task!
After the event, i plan on getting home, getting the respirator on and starting on the interior and the mold. I really want to get it into the garage so I can work on it over the winter but the mold has to be eradicated first. I am nervous about bringing that inside!

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 13, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Phil

Whoa! That looks impressive...is that original paint???? Where did you find it?

Bring more pictures!

Phil

Full Car Media Blasting:

Last edited by 69TAPoser; Sep 26th, 13 at 05:38 AM.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 13, 05:32 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

Dante, glad to hear you have her home waiting for all that love. She looks great, looking forward to seeing he in person. See you Saturday morning at Phil and Virginia's event.

Scott

69 Camaro Z/28 RS, original Azure Turquoise, M21 & 3.73 12-bolt posi. NOM 406ci, AFR 210 heads, Straub hyd. roller cam & Dynatech 1-3/4" > 1-7/8" headers, QuickFuel 750 Annular. Photos at:
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 13, 06:47 AM
Senior Tech
Dante

Garage

Phil, there is a story to it. It is the actual car that I rode around with in high school (yea, I'm old). My friend owned it and technically still does. Until I am really sure that I can save it, I haven't paid him. He bought it used in 1974. Somewhere in the late 70's a few parts were repainted (hood, around rear window) but mostly it is original paint. He replaced the rear springs and the seats with OEM Seats. He also added a Blaupunkt Radio and Jensen Triaxial speakers along with a Chapman lock. All things we did in the 70's.

In 1986 he bought a new IROC (that he also still owns) and because he couldn't afford to insure both, he stuck the 73 in his aunt's dirt floor garage. It has been there ever since.

He could never get to fixing it and he loves the car. It is the first Camaro that I fell in love with too. So, out of the blue several weeks ago I googled him and called him. I was lucky it was really him. He was amazed at the timing. His aunt passed and he was going to check out the car and see what condition it was in. I went too and we finally decided that if it was saveable that he would love me to do it.

I will give you more detail on Saturday. I am not sure I can even do this, but I am going to do my best and will rely on expertise and help from friends.

Here are more pictures. I will take lots of them along the way.

http://imageevent.com/happy_dan/dantoys/73lt
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 13, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Phil

Great story, great pics, love it! I am betting the top side of the car is very solid, but with the dirt floor, the floors and trunk pan will be the big question. I can tell you this, it looks a lot more solid than a lot of people start with (including myself) and you would think it has to be more solid than most, due to the long term storage.

Interested in seeing what you find. I am sure you will get plenty of inspiration and support on Saturday. With the history of the car, YOU HAVE TO DO IT! We are here to help in anyway we can. There are LOTS of local resources we can link you with.

Phil

Full Car Media Blasting:
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 13, 07:54 AM
Senior Tech
Dante

Garage

Great!! Looking forward to meeting everyone! I'll get it apart and then it will need blasting to see how bad that undercarriage really is. I know I can replace floors, trunk, frame rails etc. From just a quick look, your assessment is what I am seeing. Looks pretty solid but a lot of rust underneath.

I have a great body man that will help when I get to that but that is far away right now.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 13, 05:11 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

bump!

-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode