Boston Area- Sunday 10/6- Melrose Rotary Car show - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Cruiz-Ins Get-togethers, Announcements, Shows & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 13, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Cool Boston Area- Sunday 10/6- Melrose Rotary Car show

This is great opportunity to bring some more Boston area TC'ers together!

The Melrose Rotary Club car show is typically very good with a wide variety of stuff and strong participation.

It starts at 9 am and I am hoping we can get a group together and cruise in there.

Location: Melrose High school. Lynn Fells Parkway. Melrose MA 02176.
Date: This Sunday 10/6
Entrance fee: $10.

So far I have Scott(NH69Z28RS) and myself. Who else wants to go? As I am not very interested in trophies, I'll probably be there 9~12:30. Not an all day commitment.

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 13, 10:48 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

Re: Boston Area- Sunday 10/6- Melrose Rotary Car show

Tom,

I'm going to go but I already made plans to meet my Aunt & Uncle at their house in Melrose and then driving over with them, this will be the first show my uncle has put his 1962 Corvette in since finishing a 30 or so year restoration earlier this summer.

I'll be looking for you and be pretty easy to find sitting next to the red 62 Corvette.

Scott

69 Camaro Z/28 RS, original Azure Turquoise, M21 & 3.73 12-bolt posi. NOM 406ci, AFR 210 heads, Straub hyd. roller cam & Dynatech 1-3/4" > 1-7/8" headers, QuickFuel 750 Annular. Photos at:
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 13, 05:44 PM
Senior Tech
Dante

Garage

There is an outside chance I can make this. I will try, just a lot going on.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 13, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

The weather is looking good for Sunday!

-
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 13, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Well, its raining this morning. The rain date is next Sunday 10/13.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

-
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 13, 08:07 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

Yup, woke up at 5:45am, took one look at the radar and knew it wasn't happening today. Probably my fault as I gave my car a good cleaning and fueled her up yesterday. Had I not prepared in advance the weather may well have been perfect

69 Camaro Z/28 RS, original Azure Turquoise, M21 & 3.73 12-bolt posi. NOM 406ci, AFR 210 heads, Straub hyd. roller cam & Dynatech 1-3/4" > 1-7/8" headers, QuickFuel 750 Annular. Photos at:
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 13, 09:52 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

The rain is Tom's fault, and he knows it. The jinx is back.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 13, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Rally View Post
The rain is Tom's fault, and he knows it. The jinx is back.
LOL.
You may be right...

-
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 13, 11:46 AM
Senior Tech
Dante

Garage

So two of you caused this mess. LOL
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 13, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

BUMP. This show is still on 10/13.

-
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 13, 05:30 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

Yesterday I received the following in an email from my aunt that lives in Melrose:

"Just wanted to let you know I learned the car show was held last Sunday! In the rain."

I have no way to know where this information came from or if it is accurate. Even though I can't make it down, just thought perhaps if any of you are still planning on going, you might want to call the contact listed on the flyer for this event before you go, just to be sure.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 13, 05:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Hopefully Tom sees this before heading out. If not, I'm sure he'll make a cruise out of it.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 13, 05:18 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

That was my hope as well. At least he's not traveling a great distance to get to the show and it looks to be clearing off nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Rally View Post
Hopefully Tom sees this before heading out. If not, I'm sure he'll make a cruise out of it.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 13, 07:13 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

I just spoke to John Tozza (781-771-5037) who runs the show and he confirmed that they did have the show last Sunday in the rain. He said he was sorry and tried emailing as many people who registered early. After the " Tom-A-Storms " that happen every time he announces a get together...I didn't commit and never said a word on here. Well...no show again ! First year was short notice and my grandsons birthday party, second year rain, this year rain. Thanks Tom

Kev
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 13th, 13, 07:32 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

Well Kevin thanks for making the call and posting confirmation of what my aunt alerted me via email, weird thing was last week she and my uncle drove by the show site at 8:30am in their daily driver and there was no one there so they thought it was canceled until she heard otherwise later in the week. Strange they would go on with it in the rain when they already had a rain date on the flyer? At least now I know I'm not missing out on that show today. Looking forward to the Kingpins event in Methuen next Sunday, crossing body appendages and hoping for good weather for that one. There is one more show in a couple of weeks north of me in Canterbury NH that I may checkout as well but looks like the classic car season is coming to an end for the 2013 season in New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyAte View Post
I just spoke to John Tozza (781-771-5037) who runs the show and he confirmed that they did have the show last Sunday in the rain. He said he was sorry and tried emailing as many people who registered early. After the " Tom-A-Storms " that happen every time he announces a get together...I didn't commit and never said a word on here. Well...no show again ! First year was short notice and my grandsons birthday party, second year rain, this year rain. Thanks Tom

Kev

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode