2015 Team Camaro Northeast Classic Car Cruise & Cookout. - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Cruiz-Ins Get-togethers, Announcements, Shows & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 15, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Scott

2015 Team Camaro Northeast Classic Car Cruise & Cookout.

Like the subject/title says, 2015 Team Camaro Northeast Classic Car Cruise & Cookout. We did this last year in August and it was such a good time, we are doing it again. Due to busy summer schedules (and 69TAPoser's "Phil's" 68 still not being quite ready to hit the road) we've pushed it back about one month.

If you're close enough (Southern NH is where it is taking place) to make this event and would like to participate, let me know and I'll get you the details, but here is a general description of the event;

We meet at a Dunkin Donuts at 9:00am on Saturday morning, September 12th (bad weather date the following Saturday, September 19th). Depart for an approximate two hour cruise on scenic roads of NH (with a break/rest about halfway into the cruise), and return to my house around lunch time for a cookout hosted by my wife and I which includes time to checkout each others rides, socializing and relaxing while getting to know everyone better. While most of the cars participating are 1st Generation Camaro's, we don't exclude anyone that is interested in participating. If this year is a repeat of last year, there will probably be hole-shots at the end of the day departing my driveway

There you have it, the invitation is out, let me know?

Scott

69 Camaro Z/28 RS, original Azure Turquoise, M21 & 3.73 12-bolt posi. NOM 406ci, AFR 210 heads, Straub hyd. roller cam & Dynatech 1-3/4" > 1-7/8" headers, QuickFuel 750 Annular. Photos at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 15, 10:29 AM
Kevin

Re: 2015 Team Camaro Northeast Classic Car Cruise & Cookout.

Sounds like a great event! But I do not think I can take my Camaro for a 5.5 hour trip

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 15, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
Sounds like a great event! But I do not think I can take my Camaro for a 5.5 hour trip
Well Kevin if you could take your Camaro for a 5.5 hour trip, you'd be welcome to join us

69 Camaro Z/28 RS, original Azure Turquoise, M21 & 3.73 12-bolt posi. NOM 406ci, AFR 210 heads, Straub hyd. roller cam & Dynatech 1-3/4" > 1-7/8" headers, QuickFuel 750 Annular. Photos at:

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 15, 02:03 AM
Senior Tech
Phil

Looking forward to it...I am hoping to be ready!!!

Phil

Full Car Media Blasting:
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 15, 02:52 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Great time last year, and we'll be there again this year. Once the AC is wrapped up, I promise not to start any more projects before then!

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 15, 08:14 AM
Tech Team

Too bad I'm so far away, this sounds like a lot of fun. A cruise & cookout, best of both worlds imo
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 15, 07:38 AM
Senior Tech
Dante

Garage

Hoping to make it fir sure, last year was a blast and thank you and Kathrin so much for hosting it. Who doesn't have a first gen? LOL.

I just don't know about any events this year, been a tough year for them for me, but this is one I really want to make.

1973 Camaro Type LT
350 4 spd

1968 Chevrolet C-20 CST

2012 ZL1 "Dante's Inferno"

post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 15, 09:20 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

I'm in!
See you all then!
~T

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 15, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Scott

Just finished mapping out the cruise route, different roads/route from last year to keep things fresh and interesting. Next is finalizing the menu but that's pretty much figured out at this point as well

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 15, 10:06 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

I'm ready to go. I put down the tools and stepped away from the car. Just put a third speedometer in and it's still wildly inaccurate, but better than the others. Also noticed my mid body bushings had disintegrated so I replaced those with some poly ones. Rides better than it has in a while!

Kevin

post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 15, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Scott

I haven't driven my 69 in weeks, last night I had to move it out of the garage to finish a project for my eldest son. I noticed the brake pedal felt hard and the braking action was less than half of what I "thought" it usually is and/or should be. So I took it for a short ride to further verify my first impression and while going down my steep driveway, I actually got the dashboard brake warning light. When I returned from mt test drive I checked the MC reservoir and the rear portion for the front brakes was down about 2/3's from full.

There is no evidence of any leaks that I can find, I'm wondering if MS is slowly letting brake fluid by the piston & seal then being sucked into the booster and out through the vacuum line and into the intake manifold. Soon as the weather improves I'm going to take it for a drive and keep an eye on the brake fluid level. I'm thinking I should probably be proactive and order a replacement MC to have sitting on the shelf and ready to go so I'm sure to be all set for the cruise...

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 15, 04:51 AM
Senior Tech
Dante

Garage

The 73 won't be ready in time this year. Thankfully you'll allow my fifth gen or maybe I should take my truck. LOL

1973 Camaro Type LT
350 4 spd

1968 Chevrolet C-20 CST

2012 ZL1 "Dante's Inferno"

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 15, 05:53 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH69Z28RS View Post
I haven't driven my 69 in weeks, last night I had to move it out of the garage to finish a project for my eldest son. I noticed the brake pedal felt hard and the braking action was less than half of what I "thought" it usually is and/or should be. So I took it for a short ride to further verify my first impression and while going down my steep driveway, I actually got the dashboard brake warning light. When I returned from mt test drive I checked the MC reservoir and the rear portion for the front brakes was down about 2/3's from full.

There is no evidence of any leaks that I can find, I'm wondering if MS is slowly letting brake fluid by the piston & seal then being sucked into the booster and out through the vacuum line and into the intake manifold. Soon as the weather improves I'm going to take it for a drive and keep an eye on the brake fluid level. I'm thinking I should probably be proactive and order a replacement MC to have sitting on the shelf and ready to go so I'm sure to be all set for the cruise...
Kinda scary, Scott being as your driveway is like a mini Mount Washington road!
I'd bet it is leaking past the piston.

I've got to put on some new valve cover gaskets and wash it. Exhaust leaks will be dealt with at a later time.

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 15, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
The 73 won't be ready in time this year. Thankfully you'll allow my fifth gen or maybe I should take my truck. LOL
Your fifth gen is fine Dan

post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 15, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose RS View Post
Kinda scary, Scott being as your driveway is like a mini Mount Washington road!
I'd bet it is leaking past the piston.

I've got to put on some new valve cover gaskets and wash it. Exhaust leaks will be dealt with at a later time.
I'm so used to my driveway at this point that anything that happens on it just seems normal LOL. I'll be doing some diagnostic work on it this week, and ordering a backup MC just in case.

Exhaust leaks won't be noticed with the rest of the cars you'll be cruising with

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode