Woodward Dream Cruise August 20th - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Cruiz-Ins Get-togethers, Announcements, Shows & Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 16, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

Woodward Dream Cruise August 20th

Who's going? If you haven't been, you should. It's a great time. Luckily my brother in-law works for a company that has a party every year right on Woodward in a great spot. It's basically a mini car show with free food and beer. You can't beat it.

http://woodwarddreamcruise.com/

From their FAQ:

What is the Woodward Dream Cruise?

The Woodward Dream Cruise is the world’s largest one-day celebration of classic car culture that attracts over 1 million visitors, and more than 40,000 muscle cars, street rods, custom, collector and special interest vehicles.

When is the Woodward Dream Cruise?

The Woodward Dream Cruise takes place each year on the third Saturday in August. This year, the 22nd Annual Woodward Dream Cruise will be held on Saturday, August 20, 2016. It runs between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.

Where is the Woodward Dream Cruise held?

The Dream Cruise takes place along a 16-mile stretch on the historical Woodward Avenue through nine host communities including Berkley, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Ferndale, Huntington Woods, Pleasant Ridge, Pontiac and Royal Oak, in Southeast Michigan.

Why is the Woodward Dream Cruise held?

The Dream Cruise started as a fundraiser for a soccer field in Ferndale in 1995. In just a few short years, it has evolved into the world’s largest one-day automotive event. Spectators and cruisers travel to Metro Detroit, the birthplace of the American automobile, to demonstrate and participate in an event that celebrates an ongoing love affair with the automobile.

Is there a cost to attend the event?

There are no fees to cruise in the event or to watch. Anyone can participate although, those not driving a classic car are asked to stay out of the two right lanes nearest to the curb.

Where should I park?

The Woodward Dream Cruise is a spectacular experience to drive, or, merely watch and marvel from the sidelines. Public parking is available along or near the cruise route.

'69 SS396 X66 L34 08D M21 BS
460ci Gen VI 9.75:1 AED 950 carb
241/249 @ .050" .625/.625 110 LSA

Semper Fi!

"The galleries are full of critics. They play no ball, they fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 16, 03:19 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Garage
Re: Woodward Dream Cruise August 20th

I'll be there! Been there almost every year. We'll be in front of the Art Van furniture store. Look for old blue along with a 65 maroon Vette, red 66 GTO and burgundy 68 GTO vert! See sig for a pic of old blue

Check my rides:

1968 Camaro Convertible LS1, T56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Challenger RT Scat Pack Shaker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 16, 06:40 PM
Senior Tech
Morgan

Garage

I am there Wednesday to Saturday, Wednesday and Thursday are the best if you do not have a reserved spot, west side of Woodward has the sun behind you after 5pm, east side has the sun in your eyes and it is hard to see the cars.by Saturday it is walley world, forget driving after 10am, park and sit is your best bet, as all of the good cars are doing the same, they drive on Wednesday and Thursday

69 Copo 9560 ZL-1 automatic [email protected], 1.95 on f70-14 polyglas F.AS.T. Race June 2016
69 Copo 9560 ZL-1 4spd [email protected] 1.93 60ft on F70/14
PSMCDR 2014
71LS6 vette [email protected] PSMCDR 2012 SOLD

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 16, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
I'll be there! Been there almost every year. We'll be in front of the Art Van furniture store. Look for old blue along with a 65 maroon Vette, red 66 GTO and burgundy 68 GTO vert! See sig for a pic of old blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971ls6 View Post
I am there Wednesday to Saturday, Wednesday and Thursday are the best if you do not have a reserved spot, west side of Woodward has the sun behind you after 5pm, east side has the sun in your eyes and it is hard to see the cars.by Saturday it is walley world, forget driving after 10am, park and sit is your best bet, as all of the good cars are doing the same, they drive on Wednesday and Thursday
Nice. I'll be down at the ITC/DTE substation field. I'll probably only be able to get up there on Sat, but I'll try to hit it on Wed or Thurs. What time do they usually cruise until during the week?

Semper Fi!

"The galleries are full of critics. They play no ball, they fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing."
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 16, 04:03 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Garage

Best time to cruise IMO is Friday morning before noon. No traffic jams and lots of great muscle! It's jammed up in the evenings. I cruise on Saturday morning a final time then park and watch the show. The spectators own the best cars...

Check my rides:

1968 Camaro Convertible LS1, T56

2016 Challenger RT Scat Pack Shaker
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 16, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

If anyone has a line to the big man upstairs, we could use some help with the weather this week!
I'll be there on Friday and Saturday depending on the weather. If the weather looks iffy, I might trailer it to my in-laws in Livonia and go from there. No permanently mounted windows yet... I might throw in my rear and side windows this week, but I'm not ready to seal my windshield.

Semper Fi!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 16, 06:22 PM
Senior Tech
Morgan

Garage

I am now ready, put the new cam in a week ago and changed out the valve springs tonight, they were all over the board now it's time to let it rip and pull some rpm, but not on Woodward, don't even try it. The cops also ride down the road on bikes looking for drinking, use a Starbucks cup, red solo will get you a ticket.

The drag racing in Pontiac ought to be a real **** show, one of our guys is running his plum crazy 440-6 pack challenger

69 Copo 9560 ZL-1 automatic [email protected], 1.95 on f70-14 polyglas F.AS.T. Race June 2016
PSMCDR 2014
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 16, 07:29 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

Garage

Woodward is on the bucket list.... Some day.

1969 Camaro SS 350 LeMans Blue
2015 Z/28 - Red
2 x 1967 R/T’s
1977 Power Wagon
1978 Li’l Red Express
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 16, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971ls6 View Post
I am now ready, put the new cam in a week ago and changed out the valve springs tonight, they were all over the board now it's time to let it rip and pull some rpm, but not on Woodward, don't even try it. The cops also ride down the road on bikes looking for drinking, use a Starbucks cup, red solo will get you a ticket.

The drag racing in Pontiac ought to be a real **** show, one of our guys is running his plum crazy 440-6 pack challenger
Nice. Luckily where our party is there doesn't seem to be too much LEO activity. Guys are pretty routinely ripping it up at the light that's there. We have all the free beer we can drink and it's inside a large roped off area, so there aren't any issues. I think I'm going to end up cruising on Friday and I might leave the car home on Saturday. Depends on the weather.
I really need to get some heads and a cam some time. Mine is doing ok, but she sure isn't a contender...

Semper Fi!

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 16, 06:23 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Would be cool to go there just to see this. Camaro number 1 on display.

Camaro No. 1 comes home for Woodward Dream Cruise
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 16, 07:20 PM
Senior Tech
Morgan

Garage

Drove by it tonight, neat display, they lite it up at 8:30

PSMCDR 2014
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 16, 07:41 PM
Banned
Chet

There is also a cool cruise is downtown Flint this week also. It is called Back to the Bricks. Downtown Flint is paved in bricks like it used to be back in day. Google it. Woodward Cruise is going to be different starting next year. The epicenter won't be the old Northwood Shopping Mall at 13 Mile and Woodward. Beaumont Hospital bought the property and is going to put green areas, apartments, etc there. Talk is the main hub of the Cruise will be at the new M1 Concourse in Pontiac. It is a privately owned area with high end private garages with lofts and a 1.5 mile race track! Hot Rod's Roadkill in conjunction with Dodge is going to hold Cruise participant drag races there this Friday. Should be a very interesting step in the evolution of the Woodward Cruise. Welcome to M1 Concourse - The Ultimate Car Enthusiast Destination
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode