Team Camaro Tech banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVE's small-body HEI's Anyone know what happened to Dave Ray?

7K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  Vega$69 
#1 ·
Anyone know what happened to Dave Ray of

Dave Ray
DAVE's small-body HEI's
24 Buffalo Lane
Yerington, Nevada, 89447
(775) 722-3294 Shop/Voicemail
?????

I sent him a dizzy last November and he had some spells or health issues and was hospitalized he did answer a few of my emails
several months ag and sounded like he was on the mend, then nothing,,,,,,,,

Anyone know what happened? I hope he's ok, I really do,

#2 ·
He was on the forum a couple of weeks ago.

Don

#3 ·
He's just getting out of the hospital from what I understand. He will be going through rehab for a while from what he said a day or two ago.

#4 ·
Thanks,,he told me the same thing 3 months ago,,,I wonder what happened?

#5 ·
Why, yes, I do.

I was taken to the hospital in early November, spent 12 days there, and have been corresponding from my smart phone, and going through a LOT of rehab of late. I am a fighter, and somewhat tough, it'll take more than the last 6 months to take me down again, or, out.

I got dehydrated to the point I almost checked out in early November, almost didn't make it to the hospital. Once there, first 5 days, I was rehydrated, and over hydrated, bad hospital. Along that path, my pancreas started to fail, and insulin output was extremely low, so, hospital staff insisted I was a full on diabetic, I AIN'T. So, in their infinate wisdom, they kept pumping me with insulin, insisting I was a diabetic.

Day 6 brought massive swelling of EVERYTHING below my belt line, to the point I could not even walk to the restroom in my hospital room, 5 feet away. The physical rehab and docs there insisted I could walk, and that would stop the swelling. Two tries, two landings flat on my face, no walking. No getting better, so, day 12, I got transferred out of that hospital because "You REFUSE to walk". Giant difference between REFUSE, and CANNOT.

Since late November, I have been to 4 hospitals, one was one that actually had doctors that knew something. 11 operations to restore my blood flow to both legs, feet, and 5 solid months later, I am walking, not great, but, walking. Good enough to get discharged Sunday, two days ago. This after being confined to laying in a bed, swollen, not able to walk anywhere, for the first two months.

I was in the shop yesterday, got things back to working from a 6 month close down, and will get into the shop to work on Thursday.

niblet, I will look at the 5 boxes that got here in between when I went to the hospital and now, I am sure yours is one of them. I can't give you a precise time, but I want these 5 backlogs done by mid week, next week latest. If you would please send me an email to the shop address, I can get your item in the correct order to get done.

One thing I am looking into is setting up a person to help with communications and other shop workings to help, and to be available if I am not for whatever reason. Lots of changes, I do not want what happened the last 6 months to ever happen again. I happen to like the people I do things for, they didn't need this sort of thing to happen. Only thing has been, I had my phone with me, so I could do rudimentary functions by phone and email, but not much past that. I am writing this froj my big computer, and man, it is so very much better than that tiny keyboard on my phone, I have pictures/forms/stuff I can now send, MUCH BETTER.

None of this has been fun for the 5 persons that sent items in the last 6 months, and biggest "ARSE" about the whole thing being a PITA, has been ME, ME.....MEEEEE. I despise letting people down, so I just don't do that, unless I have NO choice in the matter. I also hate to wait for anything, and don't want anyone I do things for to wait, either.

So, yeah, I heard about Dave and what went on. My apologies to those that have been inconvenienced.

#6 ·
Wow I am sorry to hear about all that malpractice! but i am glad you are getting about at least
hey don't worry about it, I was just wondering what was happening as I hadn't heard an update in a long time
Health is more important than a Dizzy!

I sent you an email,,actually about 3 of them,,,just hadn't heard from you Thanks for the update!

#11 ·
I've too wondered what happened to you not having seen any of your wisdom posted on all things ignition. Glad you're back!

#12 ·
Dave,

Glad to hear you are doing better. Always a good thing to ask questions to the docs and nurses at a hospital. I'm convinced they do what they can to get as much insurance money as they can from your provider, and put your well being second.

#17 ·
I am still improving, not all the way back yet. It hasn't been fun at all. Now doing 4 physical therapy sessions per day. Tried to go to a once a year car show yesterday, walked with my walking stick, took 3 times as long as it should have taken, winded, tired, stopped a bunch of times to rest, but a lot better than not around to attend.

Still have 2 back orders to finish, and that sort of thing has never sat will with me, should be caught up by the end of next week, finally, thankfully. Working in the shop is less physical stress than trying to walk long distances, still a lot of work to do with walking.

Best learning from all this, never give up, don't stop trying to get the things you need to get done, finished, unless you are in real need to do a different path to get better. I had no choice, it had to go along as it has, and that irritates the daylights out of me. Frustrating, you bet it is, but, never stop, never give up. The worst thing for me, is letting other people down, I am my worst critic on that, always will be.

#18 ·
Well here we are another month later,,no response to my emails, last I heard he was actually working on it,,,
my patience is wearing thin, this has been 9 months now,,,,

#19 ·
He rubbed me the wrong way on the phone and for once walked away.if he was a real company, it should take no more than a week or two. But a pertronix and call it a day

#21 ·
Don’t give up, keep on him and just try to get out from under him, money or distributor, for him to do nothing is unacceptable.

#22 · (Edited)
You aren't "out" anything. Last 4 back orders are being done this weekend and next week. I finally got the rest of the parts in stock to finish your order a couple of hours ago, and it should be done tomorrow, with shipping Monday. Look for an email on Monday or Tuesday, that will be the installation sheets, parts list and build info, I send it after shipping the distributor. By the way, your money order is still here, not deposited nor spent, just waiting to go active after your distributor gets shipped.

"Don’t give up, keep on him and just try to get out from under him, money or distributor, for him to do nothing is unacceptable." That is good advice, but not from you. I am not a liar, nor a thief, never have been, aren't now, never will be.

So is trying to get better from a hospital that almost killed me in the last 8 months. I can finally walk, slowly, sone sort of crime? I have been in the shop for a full week this week. I don't like trying to get things done only to have more issues with health stop me cold.

"He rubbed me the wrong way on the phone and for once walked away.if he was a real company, it should take no more than a week or two. But a pertronix and call it a day" OH, POOR BABY, what, I didn't hold your hand, and you just can't accept the truth, well, gee, excuse me. BTW, this "non-company" has been doing conversions for over 28 years. YOU try doing your job when you have ongoing issues like not being able to walk from edima in both legs (that IS NOT an excuse), and the BS the doctors do only makes it worse. (Edima, YES, when it happens to you, you learn a lot of medical words). By the way, what is it yu do for a living? And, would you do it no matter if you were to the point you couldn't walk, stand, nor actually work? I DOUBT IT.

If you don't know what you are talking about, and YOU don't, keep your yap shut.

Anyone else want to take a shot at me? Come on, gang up, show all your true colors, make it good.

#24 ·
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2019 7:33:48 AM
To: Tim Gustafson
Subject: Re: Specification sheet

Finally back in the shop this week, it has been a nightmare as far as getting better quick. Your distributor is scheduled for Wednesday, so, it should not be long now. I don't see any problems with it. I cannot thank you enough for your patience in all this.

Date: Fri, Jun 28, 2019 07:51
To: info.davessmallbodyheis@gmail.com;
Cc:
Subject:RE: Specification sheet

Hi Dave, were you able to get to my distributor yet?

Thanks

Tim

info.davessmallbodyheis@gmail.com
Fri 6/28/2019 8:06 AM
Yes, right in the middle of it now, finally.

Thank you for being super patient with things, not fun at all.

Will send install sheets and tech items in an email when distributor ships

Not a fan of posting emails and PM's publicly but I think its necessary in this case to gain some perspective as to why I started this post
and why I have been updating it.

Please look at the dates on the above Email chain!!

my last 2 or 3 emails to you since the beginning of July have gone unanswered
I am truly sorry about your health issues and I have been more than patient, but you told me a month ago
you were "in the middle of it". If you ran into a situation where you needed parts or had a relapse, then you should have updated me as a common courtesy
thats all I'm saying

I have had a tilt column on order with that meathead at Heartbeat city for 6 months----(I had to get a refund as he was a jerk)

I have a Quadrajet at Cliff Ruggles since February that he hasnt even started yet,-----
and You have had my Dizzy since Nov of 2018-------
I have too many things to keep track of and updates are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.