Team Camaro Tech banner

World Famous First Gen Camaro!

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Brettallen59 
#1 ·
It is so cool to read posts from all over the world involving people with Camaro projects. Just recently I can remember the following;

Belgium
Germany
Saudi Arabia
Australia
France

There are surely projects from a lot of States, but to read about people with their dream cars all over the world is really exciting! It makes me proud and very fortunate to be one of those with my dream car.

If there are any I missed that would like to be added to the international list, feel free to reply (with pics for sure).

Keep it up!

Brett......

#4 · (Edited)
Reactions: Hgger69
#5 ·
After reading this thread, I had a question for the International people. I've been to a few countries in Europe and noticed the small streets:

How is it driving a Camaro on them?

Do you get the same looks as in the states?

How's the process of getting parts? I thought I remember reading a long time ago, that a member in Australia was having problems with shipping and it took forever to get parts.

I'm just a curious mind!

#11 ·
After reading this thread, I had a question for the International people. I've been to a few countries in Europe and noticed the small streets:

How is it driving a Camaro on them?

Do you get the same looks as in the states?

How's the process of getting parts? I thought I remember reading a long time ago, that a member in Australia was having problems with shipping and it took forever to get parts.

I'm just a curious mind!
Driving here is no difference in my opinion. Well except for the fact that we have stretches of the Autobahn that has no posted speed limit.
Get the same looks and thumbs up and people asking to buy it.
Getting parts is no problem for me. I have an APO address and get parts I needed sent to that address, its the same as having a PO box at your hometown USPS post office. Except the APO here is ran by the Mil.

#7 ·
Hi all, I own and drive an 1968 Camaro in the city centre of Antwerp, Belgium.

I don't see any difficulty driving a Camaro in the 'small' central European streets. Although I think this has to do because a Camaro isn't a big car by US standars (correct me if I'm wrong). Driving a big ol' Caddy would be waaaaay trickier I guess.. Although going to south Europe, the streets do get smaller in some older villages (especially in Italy).

Picture by Simon Kidston

Living in the city centre I often find people staring, pointing and getting all excited about seeing a classic car. The smiles and the thumbs up you get are priceless, especially if you hear kids "woooow"-ing even with the windows closed. Even cyclists give me the thumbs up!

Getting parts is as easy as ordering them online trough Camarocentral, Jegs,.. but you need patience (probably around 4 weeks), and money. You probably pay double the sticker price because of shipping and taxes..

#8 ·
Hello from germany here :)

The car is actually totally normal to drive dimension-wise (4.70m).

Thats pony-car size in US but also just mid-size over here. US-mid-size is half a meter longer ;)

Thats another small reason i chose it, because it fits into european garages :D

#9 ·
;)

Thats another small reason i chose it, because it fits into european garages :D

You got that right. I had a 70 Chevelle SS shipped over to England when I was stationed at Mildenhall AB 79-83, had a 69 Z28 but sold it for that. MISTAKE. I rented a bungalow that had a really tiny garage and there was NO WAY it would fit. The locals always asked about the car. The bungalow sat lower than street level and pulled the driveway up to the road with ease. Freaked a few out giving them a ride too. I'm still chuckling seeing their faces when I powered it up on the street. LOL!!! >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.