Team Camaro Tech banner

pcv valve help needed

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  scblucam 
#1 ·
HI Guys
I need some help with seeing up a PCV for my 69 camaro

currently the car has to breather caps on the valve covers. there car also has a snipper full injection set up.

so I know what to buy for the valve cover plug along with the hose that attaches to that. however I do not know what were to plug that hose into or if I need anything to attache the hose to.
also I seen some set ups that it goes to the air filter. I looked last my round air filter and I do not see anything to hook sa hose to

other then the pcv valve and hose with clamps - do I need any other parts to set this up

thanks

#3 ·
There is a plug in the base of the sniper that you need to remove. I believe it is a 3/8 NPT but could be wrong. Pull it out and bring it to the parts store and find a hose barb with the same threads.
Once you connect the PCV up you will need to re-run the idle and IAC setup on the Sniper because the PCV is now adding more air into the manifold.

#5 ·
I spoke with holly today and they said since I have a hose from my brakes or something like that going to the port that you can also plug the pcv hose to I will need to buy this part

MR. GASKET CARBURETOR SPACER KIT - 1 INCH WITH 3/8 INCH PCV TUBE
this goes under the sniper

if this is all I need I will get this tonight

but I have also seen some cars that have a pcv coming from the air filter - do I need this too

#6 ·
but I have also seen some cars that have a pcv coming from the air filter - do I need this too
Since you will be pulling out of the crankcase that is the vent to allow clean air back in. you can do that or leave the second breather on the valve cover.

#7 ·
I am assuming your talking about adding the MR. GASKET CARBURETOR SPACER KIT - 1 INCH WITH 3/8 INCH PCV TUBE to the sniper when you say pulling out of the crankcase

would it make any difference if I left a breather in or had the hose going to the air filter

#9 ·
If you have a vacuum brake booster you have a vacuum source. Follow the hose from the booster back to the source (manifold most likely) where at most you will need to replace one fitting with something like this... You can get these with several fittings and sizes and a lot less than a spacer plate and won't cause possible hood clearance issues. Put the pcv valve in one valve cover and connect a hose from it to the vacuum fitting. The breather in the other valve cover is fine.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MI3N_OyY7f5wIVtP_jBx25aAOAEAQYASABEgK3m_D_BwE

#11 ·
Since you will be pulling out of the crankcase that is the vent to allow clean air back in. you can do that or leave the second breather on the valve cover.
Meaning you will be pulling a vacuum on the crankcase so you have to relieve the vacuum. When stock the system pulled from inside the air cleaner to relieve the vacuum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.