Team Camaro Tech banner

Ridetech suspension

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  dhutton 
#1 ·
Hi Guys I am hooked on the ride tech kits and have decided this is the company I am going to go with. I am ready to pull the trigger for the suspension kit but now have some questions

I do not know what kit to get. StreetGRIP or the Complete Coil-Over System

I don't race the car and have no plans to. I take the car on weekend cruses and to car shows. I do step on the gas some times and I do take it on the highway

I know the Complete Coil-Over System would probably be a bit over kill for what I do but will it make a big diff rents in the drive of the car vs the street grip kit

I am also going to add the Borgeson Street & Performance Quick Ratio GM Power Steering Box, 12.7:1 Ratio

I have all new bushings and mounts, new steering kit, new control arms uper and lower ready to install once I get the new kit

thanks

#3 ·
Why are you hooked on Ridetech? Had their full Coilover level 2 setup with TruTurn on a 69 Camaro convertible. Ride was harsh, sold the car because of it.

Don

#6 ·
Your experience was an A body which in my experience always ride nicer than an F body. Not saying the F body doesn’t ride nice, just saying the extrapolation to an F body may not be entirely appropriate....

Ridetech completely botched the Streetgrip package I installed in a 71 Cutlass. It was a disaster. Just sayin YMMV....

Don

#7 ·
Yes. My Chevelle was an A body. The front is the same as the F body but the rears are coils with control arms.

I know a couple of guys that I’ve done Street grip on F bodies and have been pleased with the results

#8 ·
Hi,

I am in the same boat and was about to pull the trigger on the coil-over suspension, tru-turn, and brake package within the next week or so, along with a 6 speed. I originally built my 69 with the same basic idea (components) as the Street Grip except it came from PST if I remember correctly. I replaced the entire steering system, sways front and rear, poly bushings, Hotchkis cut front springs, derched multi-leafs, and KYBs. I also put the close ratio from an IROC on it. Overall, it sticks the corners and drives like crap. Albeit, I live in a City, every bump, hole, and deviation is heard and felt throughout the whole car. Plus, bump-steer. Is the coil over package not worth it? I am going to change out the brakes and control arms either way. I was also told that the tru-turn system will alleviate bump-steer. When I last checked here, everyone seemed to rave about Ridetech and steered me away from the air-bag setup. (Thank you) This system is expensive to me and I don't want to throw good money after bad after bad. I want a daily with track possibilities.

#9 ·
I recommend you find someone who has the suspension you are interested in and take a test drive. It’s really the only way to know for sure if you will like it since everyone has different goals and standards. Ridetech shows up at a lot of shows including Goodguys and you can usually get a test ride. Of course that assumes that car shows are happening again at some point.

Don

Reactions: 130fe
#15 ·
They are KYB Gas Adjust. Do you think that my existing springs are comparable to the Street Grip or would you get the whole kit and not just the shocks? I've not seen Ridetech at any show near me, and others won't let me ride in their pristine rides. Go figure. Thanks for the advice. Adam, let us know how it works out. I'm ordering my T56M tomorrow and will be talking again with Ridetech.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.