Team Camaro Tech banner

Flushing Coolant System...Not working

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  scblucam 
#1 ·
All,
I've been bringing my Z back to life slowly and methodically. For the past week, I've been trying to flush the coolant from the system given it was a dark rusty brown, bubbly at first. I've now flushed the system some 30 times, filling with water, running for 10-20 minutes, cooling, and draining. I've also used Blue Devil TWICE but I sill get an ice tea discharge when I draining, similar to the 1st cup in the photo. At first the car ran hot but have gotten it to the point where it's now running normal. That said, could the radiator be toast rust wise? Do I need to undo the block plugs and flush out the block? Or just keep filling, running, and draining another 30 times? Thanks for all your help to date!

See less See more
#5 ·
Not sure how often this happens on chevy blocks, but I will agree with the air pockets in the true PONTIAC built blocks. I've owned a few that always seem to over heat ALL the time unless that trapped air is removed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.