Paddock Performance and Restoration Parts - Team Camaro Tech
Restoration Corner Where originality comes first

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 11, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Bri

Paddock Performance and Restoration Parts

Man, I miss that place for getting my classic car parts. I feel like such a virgin with these others that i have scene people talk about. Not picking on Belair Bobs, AAW or dare i say heart Beat City. I have a short list of suppliers, but some i have been leaning to more than any of the others.

Paddock
NPD
Year One
Summit Racing
Classic Industries

I want to know if I can get a Real List out of the members, who you have bought from and what you thought of that part.

1. Was it worth what you paid?
2. Did you find it someplace else better quality and workmanship?

3. Parts Im talking about are the Basics.
(sheet metal, Wire harness, Bushings aka( sub frame, Radiator, A- Arms, sway bars)

These are not parts you buy 6 of or over and over its once for your car.

Most other components you can find here or their .

And Yes I have searched our site and getting lists from 2005 till 2008 are a bit old...

"Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

Albert Einstein

"Never Forget" FDNY 9/11/01

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have more than 4 Camaro's am I Addicted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 11, 04:12 AM
Tim

Re: Paddock Performance and Restoration Parts

I can tell you this.
"Yearone" keeps sending 20 to 30% off cards in the mail so I look up their prices and they are 20 to 30% higher than anyone elses.
So I wait on "Classic Industries" to send a 15% discount and really save some money.

1981 Camaro, 357ci, super T-10, 456 posi.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 11, 05:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Send a message via AIM to cuz13

I have bought the majority of my parts from Ricks when they offer discounts and Ground up at the swap meets also from NPD, they seem to have the best overall customer svc as far as Im concerned. As far quality its all about the same give or take a few parts. I think its the luck of the draw on sheetmetal. Just my 2 cents

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 11, 09:44 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Most of my parts have come thru NPD (trim, knobs, radio, chrome moldings, mirrors) seems to fit fine and are good quality. They do put a good mark up on the parts, I was getting my parts thru a local GM dealership, even with the dealership adding their % I came out way better than straight from their catalog. Got my TVS suspension thru Rick's before they got bought and raised prices. Rick's had good customer service

67 Vert RS/SS 350 4 SP
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 11, 05:54 PM
Allen

[QUOTE=Rick's had good customer service[/QUOTE] Maybe they had, but not now....took me damn near 2 months to get a refund for a returned part and 15 phone calls and getting 15 different reasons and excuses on why I hadn't seen it. I'm done with Ricks. Been buying from Classic parts. Good luck with them, plus they are home town
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 11, 06:11 PM
Senior Tech
Ed

I always go to the TRUCK AND CAR SHOP in Orange, CA. Not only because they're close, but because they ALWAYS have the lowest prices! And since most vendors carry the exact same parts as all the others, price is a big factor.

Ed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ed B. (but you can call me Bert!)
CRG -
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 11, 06:58 PM
Senior Tech
Daniel

Classic Muscle http://oldmusclecars.com/
Great prices, super fast shipping, great customer service and lots of NOS parts.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 11, 08:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
"Tri-Tip"

I like Classic Muscle in NC. They are great on pricing and the shipping is not "shipping and handling". Just actual UPS charge. Call my friend Keith and tell him I sent you. BUt if I needed sheet metal or other parts he carries it woukld BelAir Bob.

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." ..... George Washington

Gary,TC Member with a Lemans Blue/Ivory 02D X33, DZ, M20, MS, flat hood. Only the BU code rear end is original.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 11, 10:40 AM
Senior Tech
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertfam View Post
I always go to the TRUCK AND CAR SHOP in Orange, CA. Not only because they're close, but because they ALWAYS have the lowest prices! And since most vendors carry the exact same parts as all the others, price is a big factor.

Ed
Well being from SoCal and stationed overseas I called up truck and car shop. I like to spread my business around. They dont send USPS which is how I have to deal with shipping. NPD, Classics, Ricklers, Ground Up... all their prices are competitive with truckandcarshop. But truckandcarshop does not ship USPS to a simple USPS address overseas.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 11, 10:49 AM
Senior Tech
Ed

Quote:
Well being from SoCal and stationed overseas I called up truck and car shop. I like to spread my business around. They dont send USPS which is how I have to deal with shipping. NPD, Classics, Ricklers, Ground Up... all their prices are competitive with truckandcarshop. But truckandcarshop does not ship USPS to a simple USPS address overseas.
Bri lives in Fresno so it shouldn't be an issue for him. However, I'm surprised that you can't get UPS shipments (which is what the Truck and Car Shop uses) since UPS ships worldwide. Are you at an APO or FPO address?

Ed

CRG -
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 11, 11:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

These are the one's I have ordered from this year and my notes on each:

Heart Beat City - Decent Website. Website tells if in stock or not, but does not provide tracking number or indicate if items has shipped. Good quality products.

Rick's - Good Website. Does not tell if item is in stock, provides tracking numbers, and will break shipments up into small shipments to get items to you quicker if you ask. Fast shipping if it's in stock, and if not, the wait is usually less than they estimate. Customer service has been friendly, but not always knowledgable. Fairly good quality products.

Ground Up - So-so website. Does not tell if item is in stock. Does provide tracking numbers. I use these guys because they are close, and call first to find out if it's in stock. If it is, then I get the item in 1-2 days. Customer service is hit or miss. Middle of the road quality on what I have ordered.

Jegs - Very Good website. Website tells if item is in stock. Provides tracking number, and good customer service. Fast shipping. Good quality products.

Classic Industries - Slow website, and often get misdirected. Website does not tell if item is in stock. Does provide tracking number. Good customer service when needed. Slow shipping for me due to distance. Good quality products.

My experience with the smaller vendors has been hit or miss. Usually shipping times are terrible and follow ups are non-existent, but I won't bash here. The ones that I have had good luck here with are:

Retro-Electro - Great product. Good e-mail support, fast shipping.
DriverzInc - Good website. Good phone and e-mail support, on time shipping.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 28th, 11, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Bri

I was in Ventura today and stopped by NPD

was surprised at the counter and a couple of people sitting behind it in cubicals. couple of catalogs and some stuff in the glass counter display case.

I picked up a couple of "bolt kits" for the interior of the 67 and 68. I was hoping it would of had a show room. So it was a bummer when they didnt have one. Well its nice to have a parts warehouse that i could drive to and pick something up.

Thanks for the list guys.... I hope this posting helps other members with parts.

"Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

Albert Einstein

"Never Forget" FDNY 9/11/01

I have more than 4 Camaro's am I Addicted?
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 11, 12:27 AM
Senior Tech
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertfam View Post
Bri lives in Fresno so it shouldn't be an issue for him. However, I'm surprised that you can't get UPS shipments (which is what the Truck and Car Shop uses) since UPS ships worldwide. Are you at an APO or FPO address?

Ed
Ed ,APO address, UPS is crazy prices compared to what USPS would charge. The items I was looking to buy would have cost no more than 12.00 bucks to ship USPS.

Plus, my credit card is linked to my APO address. The nice voice on the other end stated the card had to be linked to the shipping address. I understand. But I wont give up....I have their E-Mail address and will ask again. Like I said....I like to spread my money around and will stop in there the next time I visit SoCal...Redondo Beach.

Most businesses I deal with is set up with USPS "Click and Ship" It provides an alternative to those stationed overseas and is quite easy for a business to set up.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 11, 06:51 AM
Senior Tech
Ed

John, the Truck and Car Shop isn't one of the better known places so that may be why they have limited shipping options. Which is too bad really. They're probably missing out on a lot of business.

By all means stop in and have a talk with the management. You never know.

Ed

CRG -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode