Vent window rubber. Clips ? - Team Camaro Tech
Restoration Corner Where originality comes first

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 14, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
paul

Vent window rubber. Clips ?

I have just got my new vent window rubbers for my 67 and I noticed when the old ones were removed the remains of three little clips.

Both sides are stripped, I managed to save two clips, the others were just rust.

Question shall I bother to find a set to put the rubber back in or should I just use the two I do have and forget the rest.

None of the vendors I normally use have these little things in stock so I am not sure where I would get more. possibly a breakers or from another forum member if they had some spares.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 14, 02:12 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

Re: Vent window rubber. Clips ?

Could you post a picture of the clips you are talking about?

Roger

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 14, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
paul

Hi Roger,

Sure, here are the two that are ok, seems there are 4 per side.

I put the drivers side together using the two I have and the passenger side with none, so far both sides are ok and the side with no clips is not coming out so it might just be one of those things that does not matter.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 16, 04:03 PM
Premium Member
Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmanta View Post
I have just got my new vent window rubbers for my 67 and I noticed when the old ones were removed the remains of three little clips.

Both sides are stripped, I managed to save two clips, the others were just rust.

Question shall I bother to find a set to put the rubber back in or should I just use the two I do have and forget the rest.

None of the vendors I normally use have these little things in stock so I am not sure where I would get more. possibly a breakers or from another forum member if they had some spares.
Hi Paul, I just got my Metro Seals WR2008 vent window seals and they didn't come with any of the clips either. So, wonder how yours are going and any problems installing without all the clips? I'm thinking of using urethane windshield adhesive to stick the rubber in there but that might be tricky as it has to be in the exact spot and one of the last things doing when assembling.

67 Plain Jane being assembled with 427, 4 spd Muncie, 12 bolt rear with Mosers, 4 wheel discs
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 16, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
paul

They have not moved, one side with clips, the other with none.

So, its one of those things that GM put there as a "belt and braces" sort of thing.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 16, 11:54 AM
Premium Member
Gordon

Found that Ricks sells them with clips and MetroSeals, the ones I have, don't come with clips. I found that the highest clip is the most important one so on driver's side I am reusing just the one clip highest vertically, and the passenger side no clips. put lots of black windshield adhesive to hold. Good to know that yours are staying put. Fun assembling these vent window seals, doing them the first time and if ever do it on another car a second time it'll be half the time spent!

67 Plain Jane being assembled with 427, 4 spd Muncie, 12 bolt rear with Mosers, 4 wheel discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
clips, door, rubber, vent, window

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode