Sticker location 68 & 69 - Team Camaro Tech
Restoration Corner Where originality comes first

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 20, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Probationer

Sticker location 68 & 69

Hey I'm looking for help with location of a few stickers on first gen 68 & 69 Camaro. The cars a done with the exception of the rear leaf spring, front coil spring, backing plate, and GM door sticker location. I have an assembly manual but I can't find where to put these. Is there any published information or a sight with photos? I did place the coolant sticker and emissions sticker on the radiator support for the 68 which is a Z/28. Not sure if it should have the "caution fan" sticker, this car is more important than the 69 which doesn't have the correct engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 20, 12:32 AM
Senior Tech
Garth

Re: Sticker location 68 & 69

Welcome Mark ! Sounds like some nice projects you've got going on. Would like to see some photos.

I'd recommend checking Lloyd's https://www.camaros.net/forums/133-b...post1783202815 and Chick's https://www.camaros.net/forums/133-b...stored-78.html build threads as both guys have done extensive research on originality and have done some top notch restorations. Also, CRG's "Originality Forum" Originality is a great place to see photos of unrestored, unmolested, survivor cars.

Here's what I can tell you from my limited experience;
The leaf spring tags should be near the front eye just behind the mounting bracket. I've seen survivor photos like this. Most restorations have the tag at the rear, near the shackles, so maybe either is correct, I'm not sure. I did notice Chick's at the rear. Would like to hear him chime in on that.

I believe coil spring tags were generally on the second or third coil from either the top or bottom. Have seen them both ways.

Disc brake backing plate sticker at the top, near the spindle. You can see how Lloyd placed his.

GM door sticker was factory installed on 67's only. They may've been dealer installed on a few 68/9's IMO, but obviously there's no hard evidence of that.

Coolant sticker was only on Canadian sold cars (First Gens), from what I understand.

No "Caution Fan" stickers, period! Probably the most common, incorrect sticker used on First Gen Camaros.

Hope that helps...

• '68 RS, AA, 749, L30, M(uncie)20 (originally a 3spd), 15yr backburner resto........

Last edited by Garfields Maro; Mar 26th, 20 at 09:58 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 20, 09:15 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfields Maro View Post

Coolant sticker was only on Canadian sold cars (First Gens), from what I understand.
Research this one. I think my first 69 had a coolant sticker of some kind on the core support. I am sure it wasn't Canadian sold as I have the protect o plate around here somewhere and the selling dealer was Ed Fanning Chevrolet right here in Aurora IL

Jeff

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 20, 12:17 AM
Senior Tech
Garth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow69RS View Post
Research this one. I think my first 69 had a coolant sticker of some kind on the core support. I am sure it wasn't Canadian sold as I have the protect o plate around here somewhere and the selling dealer was Ed Fanning Chevrolet right here in Aurora IL

Jeff
Note what William, John Z and Jerry M have to say...

stickers on core support and fan shroud 0f 69 z/28

Not many folks, if any, are more highly regarded, imo.

• '68 RS, AA, 749, L30, M(uncie)20 (originally a 3spd), 15yr backburner resto........
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 20, 02:38 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

Send a message via Yahoo to yellow69RS

Quote:
Note what William, John Z and Jerry M have to say...

stickers on core support and fan shroud 0f 69 z/28

Not many folks, if any, are more highly regarded, imo.
Considering I had 25 cars before I turned 25 this memory could be of something other than a Camaro. I'm sure I have no photograph to prove it was or wasn't there. I can picture that sticker like it was yesterday but what car it was on who knows.

Jeff
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 20, 03:04 PM
Senior Tech
Chick

Garage

Quote:
Welcome Mark ! Sounds like some nice projects you've got going on. Would like to see some photos.

I'd recommend checking Lloyd's https://www.camaros.net/forums/133-b...post1783202815 and Chick's https://www.camaros.net/forums/133-b...stored-78.html build threads as both guys have done extensive research on originality and have done some top notch restorations. Also, CRG's "Originality Forum" Originality is a great place to see photos of unrestored, unmolested, survivor cars.

Here's what I can tell you from my limited experience;
The leaf spring tags should be near the front eye just behind the mounting bracket. I've seen survivor photos like this. Most restorations have the tag at the rear, near the shackles, so maybe either is correct, I'm not sure. I did notice Chick's at the rear. Would like to hear him chime in on that.

I believe coil spring tags were generally on the second or third coil from either the top or bottom. Have seen them both ways.
https://www.camaros.net/forums/133-b...stored-94.html Post 1409

Disc brake backing plate sticker at the top, near the spindle. You can see how Lloyd placed his.

GM door sticker was factory installed on 67's only. They may've been dealer installed on a few 68/9's IMO, but obviously there's no hard evidence of that.

No "Caution Fan" stickers, period! Probably the most common, incorrect sticker used on First Gen Camaros.

Hope that helps...
You notice too much Garth! LOL Yes originally I had that wrong but later pics have that toward front of leave springs. As you recommended I have posted pics of two outstanding survivors on crg, Skipí68z and 69z.
Details of a 68 RS Z/28
Amazing 69 Z/28 Survivor
Thanks Garth as always for the kind words.
Note, soon we will be posting a table of contents for my build thread which in itself was quite involved.

Chick
68, 69, & 2015 Z/28's
69 Nova's L34 Father/Son & L78 Surv purch-new
67, 68, & 2015 Z06 Corvettes
Our 68Z Restoration
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 68camaroz28; Mar 27th, 20 at 03:30 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 20, 12:00 AM
Senior Tech
Garth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow69RS View Post
Considering I had 25 cars before I turned 25 this memory could be of something other than a Camaro. I'm sure I have no photograph to prove it was or wasn't there. I can picture that sticker like it was yesterday but what car it was on who knows.

Jeff
Was gonna mention you'll need photos and/or docs to trump the CRG ! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68camaroz28 View Post
You notice too much Garth! LOL Yes originally I had that wrong but later pics have that toward front of leave springs.
Note, soon we will be posting a table of contents for my build thread which in itself was quite involved.
Man, that'll be a time saver ! Thanks for your efforts.

Thanks to Charley, here's a photo from his 68 Dana....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode