Team Camaro Tech banner

Garage Floor Covering

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  67killerb 
#1 ·
Guy's what's the best way to cover a garage floor to keep it clean. I've thought about the paint at lowes but had bad luck last time. my next idea is tile, but this may take some work. Any ideas.

Rick

#2 ·
I've been looking at www.ucoatit.com seems like a great product. If you look undeer the gallery ther are pictures of Detroit Speed.

------------------
Sean James
67 camaro convertible
69 Firebird - ls1 t-56 behind pontiac 350 motor
12 bolt 4:10

[This message has been edited by mo67cam (edited 06-21-2002).]

[This message has been edited by mo67cam (edited 06-21-2002).]

#3 ·
Try this link here:
http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_3000&L2=L2_3080&L3=L3_3080&SKU=90011

I have been looking at doing this myself, Theirs is a little pricey, but they claim you can spin your tires on it and it will not peel up.

Okay after looking at Ucoatit's site, Griot's is relatively inexpensive

------------------
Kevin

68 Camaro SS - In Resto -- ALMOST DONE!!

[This message has been edited by kdorsett (edited 06-21-2002).]

#4 ·
The POR15 site shows gray as being good for industrial floor applications. Don't know if it is any good, but everyone swears by the metal paint....
www.por15.com

------------------
Bret Copsey
'68 Camaro base coupe
'92 Caprice Wagon
'99 Venture Van

[This message has been edited by bretcopsey (edited 06-21-2002).]

#8 ·
John,
Do you know roughly the charge per square foot? I do like the thought of blasting as opposed to an acid wash.

------------------
Kevin

68 Camaro SS - In Resto -- ALMOST DONE!!

#9 ·
If you have had oil/ tranny fluid stains and spills in your garage make sure you degrease the concrete before you try to put down any coating or etch/ blast! Oil will creep up and wedge itself between the coating and the concrete causing bubbling or disbonding (sheets of coming off!).

Sherwin Williams makes a good degreasing system that surrounds the oil and actually creeps into the concrete slightly to pull oil out. I forget the name of the product but if you ask they will know what you are looking for. Similar to Simple Green but more concentrated.

Just my $.02 from being a painting contractor...

------------------
See my '68 RS/ZZ4 at http://www.100megsfree.com/choptop/camaro.html

#11 ·
A friend of mine used one of the two part epoxy systems and it looks very good and seems to be holding up very well. I do not know which brand he used but I just want you to be aware of the fumes this stuff puts off during application. He thought he was well ventilated but still ended up very sick with a trip to the emergency room. Erik

[This message has been edited by 68RS/SS396 (edited 06-24-2002).]

#12 ·
I used the two-part epoxy system that Home Depot sells. I cleaned the garage floor really good and used meredic (spelling?) acid to etch the concrete. It held up great for a couple year, however, I parked a Viper the same place for about two years and it pulled up a couple pieces of the epoxy finish - a very small area. I plan to coat the floor in our new home, and will put down a couple carpet squares under my car tires.

#14 ·
On one of the car show programs awhile back they showed the application of the UCOATIT product. It looked really good. If I remember they only did a two car garage for around $250. It definetly was something you could do yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.