9561 Hugger orange RS Auto - Team Camaro Tech
Copo & Dealer Factory & Dealer Performance

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 09, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Mike

9561 Hugger orange RS Auto

Sport Chevrolet Silver Spring MD I have about a inch of documentation along with the original bill of sale and mso along with a vhs tape of the car that was transfered from a old 8mm tape,What a history and the car only has 10,000 miles on it as it sit's, I was very lucky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 09, 02:52 PM
Banned
Rich

Re: 9561 Hugger orange RS Auto

Pics?

Tell us more!

Rich
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Mike

The car was purchased in the middle of july of 69 buy a family who owned a construction company they had been raceing at dragway 75-80 in Maryland a 64 impala as they moved up to the copo, the car was taken strait to the track and began compaining the car, the first photo's of the car it was not lettered, and then it was lettered the car was called old dead eye with the cartoon fella front of the wheel well one patch over one eye and his gun drawn on the other hand, and then the name of there company over the rear wheel well, on the trunk across the lower part it said (you done lost your and then there was a donkey turning his head to his tail, you get it ***), as the company they sold the car to a street racer, and then he had to go away for a while, and the car was put in storage, acouple peaple knew of the car, and one fella bought it and had it repainted,not very well I might add, it didnt take him long to figure out this was one bad ride, so the car sat, so in around 98 I just finished doing a frame off on a 68Z and it was off to Carlile PA for camaro's at Carlile, for grins I put 4 sale in quater windows, wasn't planning on selling heck I only drove the car once after the resto,A fella approached me and asked if I would be interested in tradeing for a 69RS Im like na, he said let's go look at it, he lived about a mile away,my wife go ahead, against my better judgement I went, we walked in he pulls the cover off, I see no badges, the motor was out so that made that part easy, I see big block heater core, I get under dash look at wiring noticeing the wires for a functional cowl hood, I thinken man this is a copo car, I went back to under the hood seen relay for the functional hood, so I said let me see the title, took some notes and sais I'll get back with ya,did some diggen and actually found the original owner, gave him a call, and he says yes sir, that there is a 425 horse 427 car, that was all I need to hear, went back, and said sure I'll do the deal, now mind you with only 10,000 miles the car did more sitting the anything, and not properly at that, so that's how the car sit's now all original panels dont need to replace none but it does need some interior work from sitting, That's the short version as I'am a one finger typer, so I shortened it up alittle, theres alot of little things that I skipped, the main thing is I now own a 69 9561 real copo, as the original owner supplied me with the original bill of sale and about another in, worth of doc's and photo's, I need to take a break now, my finger is killing me(LOL)I would post pic,But dont no how, any help and I will?????Thanks Mike

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 04:23 PM
Senior Tech
Guy

Talk to jerry M he did a lot of racing at 75-80 he might know the car
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 04:26 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
joe

congratulations, sounds like a great Camaro.

Do you have the original engine, trans, and BE rear?

Auto or 4 speed?

If you can email the pictures to me, I will post them here
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Mike

I did he kinda blew me off, I dont need his opinion I spoke to the owner of the track, and he knew the whole family, now there's a good ole boy, told me how he started the track it used to be an alfalfa feild, the whole family when they went raceing they took about 4 car's dad raced uncle raced brother raced and so did the copo Bill Wilcox is his name,you no they opened the track back up after being closed for quite awhile???Thanks Mike
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Mike

send me e-mail address to [email protected], yes it is all the and it is a auto RS no spoiler's, what I would like to find out is how many rs auto are out there, in my color combo and interior, I spoke at length to ED Cuneen about the car shower him some documentation and he said you gotter, Thanks Mike
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 05:44 PM
Senior Tech
Matt

Send a message via AIM to 70chevyz28 Send a message via MSN to 70chevyz28

thats awesome...pics pics!

1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS- 357 SB,built TH350,moser axles,eaton,richmond gears...PTFB/Detriot Speed suspension..etc
1966 Chevrolet C-10-95% orignal,292 I6..big torque
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Mike

Joe58 is putting them together, they should be posted soon!!If you would like tommorrow I will have my daughter scan them and send them to you???The car is also on the sYc list of copo's(no pic's but it's on ther registry)Havent seen hardly any Hugger orange white standard interior auto's with RS option with know spoiler's??Them are the no's I would like to find out??Thanks Mike
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 06:09 PM
Senior Tech
Matt

Send a message via AIM to 70chevyz28 Send a message via MSN to 70chevyz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkey View Post
Joe58 is putting them together, they should be posted soon!!If you would like tommorrow I will have my daughter scan them and send them to you???The car is also on the sYc list of copo's(no pic's but it's on ther registry)Havent seen hardly any Hugger orange white standard interior auto's with RS option with know spoiler's??Them are the no's I would like to find out??Thanks Mike
cool deal...wish i could get that lucky..man....i go hunting for a copo car lol..

1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS- 357 SB,built TH350,moser axles,eaton,richmond gears...PTFB/Detriot Speed suspension..etc
1966 Chevrolet C-10-95% orignal,292 I6..big torque
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 06:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
joe

Cool pictures of Mikes RS 427 Camaro drag car
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COPO21.JPG
Views:	598
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	12065   Click image for larger version

Name:	COPO22.JPG
Views:	577
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	12066   Click image for larger version

Name:	COPO25.JPG
Views:	622
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	12067  

Name:	COPO27.JPG
Views:	448
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	12068  
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 06:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
joe

I like the rack body tow car and open trailer

looks like real 70s drag racing

good stuff
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	COPO26.JPG
Views:	475
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	12069   Click image for larger version

Name:	COPO33.JPG
Views:	471
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	12070   Click image for larger version

Name:	COPO28.JPG
Views:	470
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	12071  

post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 06:33 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
joe

RS hugger orange 427 Camaro - it don't get much better then that!

Mike, is your speedometer 120MPH or 140MPH?

I see it came with rally wheels. Are they 15 inch or 14inch?
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Mike

120 I wish 140 and they are 15in. Good job Joe, Like I said I would try to narrow down the cars and options but I'am probably asking for to much?? but out of approx 200 autos and I have no idea of RS's I do know that it cant be many plus the no spoiler thing, I go to all the camaro shows I can and also chevy vette fest in Chicago seen alot of copo's but not one identical to mine, just fishing for info, dont get me wrong I'am not trying to brag on my car, any that is a inthusiest is cool with me,Thanks for your help, you'll be seeing me around, or in cyberspace(LOL)I'am Camaro Crazy have owned several and will own more!!!73Z28RS BB of course and A 92 limited edition Z and as the kids say My hopty(van)for the towing(LOL)Thanks again Mike
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 09, 07:43 PM
Senior Tech
Bruce

Cool stuff Mike. Do you have any recent pictures of the car?

Bruce

Donate Life, Become an Organ and/or a tissue donor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode