Team Camaro Tech banner

Copo?

16K views 64 replies 18 participants last post by  X1169B 
#1 ·
Maybe someone can help me, i found an x44 711 trim 10/10 paint 69 camaro from Wallace Chevrolet, in Linden NJ. it was built 4 week of march 1969 delivered on 3/26/69. car comes with a 69 427 engine (not in car) and a number matching copo carburetor (not in car). in the car is the rock crusher and the 0519 rear. earliest known owner at this time Beverly Wilson, 115 Kissene Blvd. flushing, NY. She Just passed away on 7/3/2017 any help in documentation would be appreciated?

Note: all current information came from NCRS and the Muscle Car Registry.

Keith

#4 ·
I just got off the phone with a guy by the name of Paul, he’s been documenting these cars for a long time. He’s going to help me go through the car to document it’s lagitamicy. I’m also chasing down the paper work and owner trail. All the parts are there we just have to verify them. It did come from a known super car dealer so my fingers are crossed! After sitting in a leaky old barn for 25 years it would be a hell of a find... At Paul’s recommendation I will not touch the car until we know exactly what it is and have paperwork to prove or disprove what it is? I’d have to say if it is I feel pretty dam lucky seeing as how only two years ago I found a 71 Motion Camaro!!! I guess after 34 years of buying junk! My luck has come around!

Keith

#5 ·
I would be suspicious of any 10/10 paint coded car. Got a pic of the trim tag? Whats the VIN?

#7 ·
All the NCRS doc does is tell you the original delivery dealer by looking up the VIN.

It doesnt verify if the cowl tag is real or originally from that car. From my experience, 90% of the time when a black (10/10) 69 camaro comes up, the tag is not authentic.

A pic of the tag and the VIn would tell all.

#17 ·
Good luck. I hope things turn out very favorably.

Pic of engine pad and engine partial VIN are the most important things.

M22 could have been in a Z28, L78 or COPO.

Axle is too late for the car by two months, so not original if the date you posted is right. What ratio code is it?

And as mentioned, any black 69 is suspect until the cowl tag is verified as genuine - and appropriate for that VIN.

#24 ·
Please take some pictures and post them here.
Engine pad. gear box stamps. rear end stamps. firewall. Trim Tag and VIN tag.
I hope that its a real one.
I saw this Camaro when it was at ebay and was going to ask for some more pictures.

X44 4 Speed was it that made me interested in it and that it says Black Black.

Thanks

#25 ·
124379N620776

Sounds more encouraging.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.