Team Camaro Tech - View Single Post - Start of the 50th Anniversary Celebration ROTM
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 16, 05:11 PM
Joe Harrison
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Re: July 2016 RIDE of the MONTH Entries!

1967 Camaro I have owned for many years. It used to be my daily driver for about 175,000 miles. We have put on about 25,000 since the restoration which was a full body tear down and it went onto a body cart. The 67 has shade over 400,000 miles total!!
She still runs the born with 327 block bored .030 over with forged true flat top full floated pistons, polished rods with brass bushed small ends, knifed edged steel crank and all ARP bottom end. Vortec heads and GM 151 cam (350 H/P 327 cam) performer RPM intake and a 600 summit carb.

She has Hotchkiss front and rear springs with a Hotchkiss 1 1/8 front sway bar, front disc brakes from a 69 Chevelle and a vett master cylinder. Cragar Eliminator 15 inch wheels 15x7 front with 235.60.15 and 15x8 rear with 255.60.15 and an 8,5 rear end with 3:42 gears and 700R4 trans.

The interior has 5 inch autometer gages in a Anvil auto carbon fiber dash pod, B&M quick silver ratchet shifter,
procar seats and the dash is painted on the face all gloss back including the heater control center piece (no chrome trim). It has the 67 Chrome pillar moldings.

The paint is inferno orange from a 5th gen Camaro, the bottom of the 67 is fully painted but in an 80% gloss black and the sub frame is a also gloss black as well as the firewall. I am running vintage air and ran it through my own custom firewall idea using the original heater box cover.

Entire car has been built on a budget and since buying it and doing all my work to this point along with maintenance etc over the years of owner ship I still don't have more than 20K into the entire car.

Most recent front side shot with the RS front end I just installed. Sorry about the bird

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome