Team Camaro Tech banner

Rare pulley

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  TJS69 
#1 ·
Hi. Been looking for nos pulley #3916385. Why is it so hard to find? I know you can find them at heart beat city but i was looking for original. Thanks

#3 ·
You can research the parts number on CRG to determine the original application. Then cross reference that with the number built. Finally think how many RPO L79 engines you have seen that have both PS and A/C and you will figure out that demand far exceeds supply.

Third groove PS crank add-on pulley (to convert a two groove crankshaft pulley into a three groove) part number 3916385 was only used in 1967 on the Camaro.

The L79 350 horse 327 was installed in Corvettes, Chevelles, Camaros, and the Chevy II so you might widen your search to other used parts and restoration houses, though the Corvette I think used different pulleys due to the engine's placement further back in the frame and the retention of the slave cylinder Power Steering that was introduced on the 1959 full size cars.

Big Dave

#6 ·
#5 ·
That I do not know positively.

I gave my collection of brackets, original fasteners, pulleys and other stock Chevy parts that I had removed off of many cars that I have built over thirty years (hello my name is Big Dave, and I am a pack rat). It cleared out a full car bay piled about four feet tall. I gave him these parts, as he was busy restoring four cars and and an old truck and I couldn't bring myself to take those parts to the scrap yard (which is why I still have three third gen Camaros out behind the barn, plus a Nova, two Suburbans, and a Mercedes Benz Convertible).

The person I gave them to promised to cherish these parts, though I doubt if he has the room to store them that I had at the time. He was building an L79 1966 Chevy II clone based upon a documented, all original L79 '66 Chevy II SS car that he already owned as a father son project (neither car had A/C or power steering). He also had a 1953 pick-up and his 1958 Corvette up for a frame off restoration. I will tell him what that part is worth to see if it motivates him to rummage through that pile of parts in search of one which may or may not be in the pile.

Big Dave

#12 ·
I have an extension pulley part # 75123288 GM. This pulley can still be found at a reasonable price. This pulley was replaced by the 3916385.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.