Team Camaro Tech banner

4th Gen Shifter

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  importkiller69ss 
#1 ·
As anyone installed a 4th Gen shifter on a 700R4? My 67 has a 700R4 (4 speed) with a quick silver shifter that I cannot stand. I have 4th gen console and shifter and would like to install it like the boys at year one. However, The shifter has an electonic actuator that keeps you from shifting into park when the car is moving. I removed the actuator and I still can't shift into park even when the car is sitting still. I'm looking for any options to replace my quicksilver shifter and use my 4th gen console. Any suggestions?

#3 ·
look up this website joe and give phil brewer a call...ive talked to him a ton...he is who did the stuff for the year one camaro and also made the pod.....he is a really nice guy but you have to drag info out of em..he wont give it away but he is a nice country guy....www.brphotrods.com he also has a ton of the install pics on the year one camaro...hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.