Team Camaro Tech - View Single Post - Matching Numbers - Cracked Block
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 05, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Rack Man
Senior Tech
Dan

Re: Matching Numbers - Cracked Block

Well, the engine builder kind of had me thinking that as long as it was a numbers matching block that that was the most important thing...How we built it really didn't matter.....But now you guys have me thinking a bit more clearly.

So even if the heads are not original but only "correct" that would help keep the originality as well as the worth of have a numbers matching motor?

FYI....he was going to rebuild the original 327 long block with the new alum. heads with roller rockers as well as all of the bolt on components needed. Polished intake, edelbrock carb, starter, alt, water pump, HEI dist....ect..ect..

I also have the crate motor that was in the car when I bought it that I can re-use. It was only 11 months old and only has 7,000 miles on it.

I guess I really did want to restore this car back mostly original....but it sounded kinda good to me to have the best both worlds...with originality and some HP....It looks like I need to pick one.....The whole "Cracked Block" thing had me very dissapointed from the start...

Thanks again for your input!

Dan

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome