Team Camaro Tech - View Single Post - Used Body Control Module (BCM) & VATS
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 06, 04:51 PM
SOA-Nova
Senior Tech
Jim

Re: Used Body Control Module (BCM) & VATS

I know they used to (and may still do so) sell a kit with the 15 different resistors in a package for bypassing the VATS systems for remote starting systems. I don't know what the values are but you could disconnect the 2 wires that go to the tumber and rig up a jumper setup to where you can try each of the 15 different resistors and see what happens. I believe there is also a protection device in the BCM to where if you have the wrong value, you have to wait for a period of time before trying the next one. I "think" it was a minute between each try but I would check and also see if after the 4th or 5th one the BCM doesn't make you wait 5 minutes or more before the next try. Some systems go into added layers of security to where the more wrong things you try the longer the wait period becomes.
When I do the bypass I measure the factory key and you can get by with the small wattage resistors from places like radio shack. I think too you can have a variable from the factory resistance of about 5% to 10% and is still recognizes them as the right value.
Jim

1974 Spirit Of America Nova (being restored), 1973 Nova Custom, 1968 Chevy II (Garage Find 2012)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome