Team Camaro Tech banner

09 Assembly Plant?

3K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  OverAnxious 
#1 ·
Where is the new camaro being built?:confused:

#5 ·
Originally posted by novaderrik: that way they might be able to keep it under $40k.
They better keep the price way under 40k or I don't think they will sell many. If they can make a reasonably optioned one in the 25k range, I think they will sell. I will be in the market for a new car in a year or two and will seriously consider one. Does anyone know the possible price range or is it purely speculation at this point?

#6 ·
They absolutely must be in the price range of the Mustang. The only way the Camaro stays around is if Chevy can tap into that market - I'm talking the V6 Mustang market. So they need to have a V6 and V8 compariable to the V6 and GT Mustang, and a high performance version that is comparible to the SVT Mustang in performance and price. Anything more and your talking Corvette money and a waste of time. I give it two years before they discontinue it again. I don't see them getting enough of the market from Ford to make it profitable.

#9 ·
...initially they will be built in Australia, ...then move to the Oshawa, CA as mentioned.
As for pricing, ...GM knows they need to price this thing competitively, ...and Mustang is a good comparison. Needless to say, there will be V6 and V8 versions...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.