Latest pics of the Camaro Convertible Concept - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 14th, 07, 06:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Latest pics of the Camaro Convertible Concept

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
67 Camaro RS/SS L78 /
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 07, 06:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Re: Latest pics of the Camaro Convertible Concept

I didn't like it when it was first announced, then it grew on me and I really started liking it. I wanted to buy one. Now after seeing more "real" pictures on this thread and another, I'm kinda not liking it again.

I'm really disappointed with the wheels and tires, rear view mirrors, tail lights, front grill and the tach and speedo gauges. I do like the basic body style though. They better make some modifications to this vehicle before it hits the showroom floor or I think there will be alot of disappointed people (including GM) I was sure I was going to buy one, but I'm drifting away from it now....I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and wait until I see it in person before I make my final decision.

"The only time you have too much fuel, is when you're on fire"
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 07, 08:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I agree with Steve completely. It's been a roller-coaster ride with this concept. I'm trying hard to like it, but there's really nothing about it that says "Camaro". I don't think I'd buy one unless they made some serious changes.

sleepsinshed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 15th, 07, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I really, really want to like it. With just a few minor mods it would be a winner. I almost feel guilty for not liking it. We pist and moaned for so long for GM to re-make the Camaro. Now that they have, I'm getting more and more disappointed the more I see it. I know you can't make everyone happy and I have to assume that their know what they're doing and going for the masses. It's starting to grate on me now and it hasn't even been released. I must see a dozen of the new Mustangs on the road every day. Why aren't they grating on me? Why am I not sick of seeing them? I still say to myself when I see one, "Wow, that's a real sharp looking car."

I hope I will be able to say "WOW" when I see the new Camaro in person, but I'm having my doubts. However subtle, the new Camaro is missing something in minor styling (grill, tail lights, etc.). I hope I'm wrong. I'm almost tired of the new Camaro already...

Old May 15th, 07, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Tech

The way it looks has never appealed to me...I've never understood the idea of starting retro-camaro with a retro 69.If you follow the most successful model in this area its got to be the Mustang...which started with a retro 65 and went forward.Where does chevy go with this...is the retro 70 model next.I beleive the car is waaaay to "corvettish",to much bling and not enough old school and affordable. I cant afford a corvette,and from the look i'm not gonna be able to afford one of these either even if it did appeal to me...what a shame and a missed opportunity for GM.
67pat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 07, 04:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

I like the new Camaro but untill I sit in one, who knows.

I think they should have gone more retro like the Mustang and Challenger.

We will see.

YES, the wheels gotta go.

Last edited by DOUG G; May 16th, 07 at 04:44 PM.
DOUG G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 07, 04:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Send a message via Yahoo to wiskeesour

what camaro?
Thanks Chief.
wiskeesour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 07, 08:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Tech

looks like a Camaro CTS to me, too boxy and too many straight lines. seems they tried to remake a 69'. never liked it... still dont.
68zz502fi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 07, 06:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Not a bad design but does absolutely nothing for me and I would think I am the target market GM is aiming at. It will absolutely never achieve what the Mustang and Dodge Challenger retros will achieve in sales.. I think the body design is so off the mark, I wonder if GM must be keeping the real design a secret and this design is just a ploy.

I saw a big poster of the Challenger today and the car absolutly gets me excited and I have been a Camaro fan and owner for 30+ years. If Chevy goes forward with this car.. you will see me driving a Dodge Challenger. The current concept is not such an exciting car from a muscle car styling perspective. It is not a retro muscle car which would appeal to people in my age/ income bracket who want to relive their youth wrapped around modern performance.
1973 RS Z28: 401ci Dart Little M, Littlefield 6-71 supercharger @14lbs boost, Callies Magnum crank, Lunati rods, JE pistons, 7.8:1, AFR 227 Comp heads, T&D 1.6 shaft rockers. Reed solid FT cam (240/[email protected]/.542 lift-112 LSA), QFT 750 carbs
Tokyo Torquer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 07, 12:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

I must say its nice to see the camaro on its way back ....... and it does grow on you if you didnt like it before....

"Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

Albert Einstein

"Never Forget" FDNY 9/11/01

I have more than 4 Camaro's am I Addicted?
bwcamaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 07, 02:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Tech

whats up with the tach and speedo? - - puke
wheels are so-so, not a huge fan of the dub size wheel trends
overall I say it looks cool, BUT if it's a heavy weight I have NO interest
Old May 22nd, 07, 10:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Tech

The car is really starting to grow on me....especially in this pic...(and I'm a 1st Gen purist)

Dan

Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 07, 05:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

I realize there are differing opinions on the new Camaro, ...and I know everyone won't go nuts over it.
What I can tell you is my personal experience. When I initially saw the photos, ...I thought it OK. I was fortunate enough to see both the coupe and vert unviels, ...and I can honestly say that seeing the car in person changed my opinion dramatically.
As recent as this past weekend, ...I was invited to the GM proving grounds with a group of enthusiasts. We were given the opportunity to take the vert for a test drive, ...they wanted our feedback. We spent a FULL day, partially with marketing people, ...and the other with members of the design team. It wasn't about them giving us any inside information, ...it was all about them wanting to know how WE felt about the car. Needless to say it was an amazing weekend, ...but what I walked away with most was the simple fact that they want to get it right.

some additional photos here: http://imageevent.com/hvclassics/camarosummit

KevinK7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 07, 05:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
...it was all about them wanting to know how WE felt about the car. Needless to say it was an amazing weekend, ...but what I walked away with most was the simple fact that they want to get it right.
so what feedback did u and the others provide...were there any common themes/ complaints that were communicated...what did the others in the focus group have to say?
Old May 23rd, 07, 06:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Kevin:
I too would like to know what feedback was given to them. Was there any input as to what most complaints were from this site? (grill, tail lights, rear view mirrors, wheel size, etc.) Do they really want to get it right and honestly have the ability to make changes from your input? If so, what was discussed and what was their reaction???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in