This is what the Camaro Should Look Like - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Jun 22nd, 07, 06:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Tech

This is what the Camaro Should Look Like

http://www.arkansascamaro.com/2007camaro.html
Charlie Knudsen 67 Camaro RS/SS 350 TKO 600, 4.10's, AFR 195 Street Heads, Comp 270H, Rhoads Lifters, Crane Ignition, Pertronix Dizzy, Performer RPM Q-Jet, Heavily Modified Q-Jet, Hooker Comp Headers, MagnaFlow 2 1/2", 144 Decibles(Alpine CDA-7998 Head Unit, RF X7 and RF 750X Amps, MB Quart Mid's & High's, Kicker L7 12" Solo Barics)
67CamaroRS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 22nd, 07, 06:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Tech

This is what the Camaro Should Look Like

http://www.arkansascamaro.com/2007camaro.html

Not that concept crap. The concept is absolutely hideous.
Charlie Knudsen 67 Camaro RS/SS 350 TKO 600, 4.10's, AFR 195 Street Heads, Comp 270H, Rhoads Lifters, Crane Ignition, Pertronix Dizzy, Performer RPM Q-Jet, Heavily Modified Q-Jet, Hooker Comp Headers, MagnaFlow 2 1/2", 144 Decibles(Alpine CDA-7998 Head Unit, RF X7 and RF 750X Amps, MB Quart Mid's & High's, Kicker L7 12" Solo Barics)
Old Jun 22nd, 07, 07:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Re: This is what the Camaro Should Look Like

I dunno. The current concept has grown on me a lot. I like it better than any of those.

In particular, the horton drawings with the 69 fender lines pasted onto a body they don't fit is hideous.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
JimM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 22nd, 07, 07:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

Charlie - those drawings are several years old and were done by one of our young TC members. As I understand it he was offered a job with Jada Toys and is currently employed by them. Popular Hot Rodding got their hooks into him, changed the design and billed the car as the new 2007 Camaro and pushed it at Chevrolet and the public.

I really find the link you reference quite amusing, the date on the article is current to today but the info provided is 2 years old and the world knows there will be no 2007 Camaro as GM has commited to 2009 for the new Camaro's release. All the engine info given is incorrect, basically that article is a copy of hype from several years back...

Sorry, you're stuck with the GM released version or nothing unless you cross over to the blue oval or the once American company's offering into modern performance...

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
DjD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 22nd, 07, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I sis not post the link to reference anything to do with the written words. I was referring 100% to the pictures. I am not comcerned with the engine as we all know it will probably be like the fourth gen and get the engine that post dates the vette. If indeed we are locked into the version that is being portrayed as the 09 concept Camaro, then count me out. I in no way like this rendering and will not buy this version of the car. Any of the pictures in the link far out shine the concept version. The entire concept car is a slap in the face of the historic glamorous lines of the car IMO is the backbone of the Bowtie. Many of your will say it's the Vette, but when I say backbone, I am referring to what the public(the average working man)can afford and actually buy without having to take another mortgage. I will stick to my 67 daily driver and leave the 09 to you all.
Old Jun 22nd, 07, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

Charlie we can agree to dissagree - we all have different personal tasts. How do you feel about the fact that 2nd gen Camaros don't look anything like 1st gens and 3rd gens don't look like the 2nd or 1st gens and 4th gens again look nothing like any of the previous generations? Just what historic glamorious lines should the 5th gen follow?

I sure don't want to pay $45 to enter a car show with my classic only to park next to a 2009 that looks just like my car and all the owner did was drive it through the car wash before the show! If the new car looked like a 1st gen it would leave a lot of 1st gens to real hobbiests but then the cool factor of owning the old car will dwindle away. Right now when I take my car out it puts a smile on peoples faces. If you unleash a few hundred thousand new but look just like it cars onto the streets that will go away...

Old Jun 22nd, 07, 10:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Tech

True that all the succeeding years looked different, but they are trying to jump on the retro bandwagon like Ford and Chrysler did. Let me say that if I were a Ford/Chrysler fan and I am definately not, but I still give much more credit for creating a car that brings back the "better car days". The Mustang , T-bird, and Challenger all give us that flashback affect to the originals. I don't ever recall seeing a Camaro that looked like it was smiling and what is up with the taillights? What year are they from?
Old Jun 22nd, 07, 11:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

You can't please everyone. What they have designed will be a hit as long as they don't price it wrong like they did for the 4th gen.
Old Jun 22nd, 07, 11:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Tech

You thought they priced the 4th gen wrong? What was wrong about it? 325HP for 30,000.00? Sounds good to me.
Old Jun 22nd, 07, 11:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

MSRP on a '02 Z/28 with cloth and roll up windows was about $23K...

GM spokes persons have stated they intended the new Camaro to be forward looking with touches of retro.

JMO - If they can pull off a high gas mileage 6 banger and someone can fit in the back seat the platform will sell and keep things alive for the power hungry minority...

Old Jun 22nd, 07, 06:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67CamaroRS/SS View Post
You thought they priced the 4th gen wrong? What was wrong about it? 325HP for 30,000.00? Sounds good to me.
They were all more expensive than the Mustang counterpart. The SS cars were more like 35K. Add another 5k for a decked out SS'vert.
Old Jun 25th, 07, 01:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Team Member

Those all look like something a 6th grader drew during math class.
Down right cartoonish if you ask me.
I sure wish GM had taken the same course as Ford and Chrysler.

Retro or No Go !
markr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 25th, 07, 02:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr View Post
Those all look like something a 6th grader drew during math class.
Down right cartoonish if you ask me.
LOL!!!!
Old Jun 27th, 07, 11:21 AM   #14 (permalink)

Wether or not any of us truly like the new concept of the Camaro, it will grow on each and everyone one of us as time progresses. It's what General Motors decided to go with as far as our beloved Camaro goes and it's what we're going to have to sit down and accept.

I hated the late model 2nd gen's at first, but they've grown on me as well as 4th gens. This new 5th gen is doing the same thing. The more I look and think about it, the more I seem to want to go buy one the day it rolls onto the local Cevrolet lot.
DyingYoung is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 27th, 07, 12:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
They were all more expensive than the Mustang counterpart. The SS cars were more like 35K. Add another 5k for a decked out SS'vert.
Pretty close

Quote:
prices top out for 2002 around $37,000 for the convertible Camaro SS with special 35th anniversary package equipment and all conceivable options. The Z28, still toting the big V8, carries MSRP figures of $25,875 for the hardtop coupe and $29,300 for a convertible version.

Add the SS performance gear for $3,325 and the anniversary package for $2,500 more.

67 Camaro RS/SS L78 /
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in