Lack of interest - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Jul 14th, 07, 07:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Exclamation Lack of interest

No post in 3 days in this forum tells me the new camaro does not generate much interest. Wake up GM!!!
Old Jul 14th, 07, 08:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage
Re: Lack of interest

Wake up Brett this is a 1st gen camaro site and a site where the intent is helping each other with tech issues... How many tech issues are 5th gen owners having? How many times can new topics be started that are based on "I like it" "I hate it"... When something new develops there will be more traffic here, until then an occasional post trying to stur the pot will come along... Has no reflection on the new Camaro or GM! Maybe you should visit www.5thgen.org for more action...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
DjD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 14th, 07, 08:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Wake up DJD this a site for ALL Camaros and this area is specific to fifth gen. Camaro's. Something new has developed, a major movie just released with the new Camaro in it! Yes, I am trying to STIR the pot to wake GM up.

Last edited by gm torch red; Jul 14th, 07 at 08:23 AM. Reason: miss spelled
gm torch red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 14th, 07, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Brett, most members on this site are here for the first gen cars. The new Camaro is just a small side topic here. You are right, not much interset.

Gary,TC Member with a Lemans Blue/Ivory 02D X33, DZ, M20, MS, flat hood. Only the BU code rear end is original.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 14th, 07, 09:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

Brett check out the sites front page... We expanded the forums to give other generations a place to feel at home here but the bulk of the site is 1st gen.

If you want to wake GM up try the forums where Scott Settlemire posts. His handle is Fbodfather or a derivative of that. His interest is selling GM products so you'll find him on 4th gen sites and www.5thgen.org my guess is he realizes nothing coming off the assembly line today can replace a 1st gen...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old Jul 15th, 07, 09:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Talking Re: Lack of interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm torch red View Post
No post in 3 days in this forum tells me the new camaro does not generate much interest. Wake up GM!!!
If you hate the car so much why are you in this forum?

Obviously there hasn't been much discussion lately due to a lack of NEW information.

Maybe you haven't heard of the latest GM commercial, a little blockbuster movie called Transformers? There has been a ton of discussions on various forums about the new Camaro in that movie.

As DjD and others have stated many times, this forum targets the early generation cars, most everyone else realizes that...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

67 Camaro RS/SS L78 /
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 15th, 07, 01:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Talking Re: Lack of interest

Quote:
Wake up DJD this a site for ALL Camaros and this area is specific to fifth gen. Camaro's. Something new has developed, a major movie just released with the new Camaro in it! Yes, I am trying to STIR the pot to wake GM up.
Hey over anxious, don't be over anxious. Read my reply to djd. I made the statement about the movie. Ya'll just don't respect anyones opinion that doesn't align with your own.
Old Jul 15th, 07, 02:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Hey over anxious, don't be over anxious. Read my reply to djd. I made the statement about the movie. Ya'll just don't respect anyones opinion that doesn't align with your own.
Not at all. It's like people who call radio stations to complain about he format instead of just tuning the dial to another station

I'm good with everyones opinion, thats what makes forums like this so interesting to visit

67 Camaro RS/SS L78 /
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 15th, 07, 03:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

Hey Brett - I certainly do respect yours and others opinions. In voicing my opinion I tried to provide a logical reason why the forum was empty, why can't you respect that as my opinion? Do all replies to you have to agree with you?

My point was I don't think this 5th gen forum being empty has any insight into if the world will like the new Camaro. I've read all the movie posts in the other forums (would it help if I moved them here?), been where the concept is on display and talked to people all over and the general public is all over the car... Personally I think GM is about to hit a grand slam at this point, the movie, Rev It Up, Chevy Nation, ebay and all the personal apperences the Concept is showing up at equal bases loaded. What they release and it's price will be the big guy coming to the plate.

Can we bury the hatchet on this, if posting "Wake up" offended you I apologize but i didn't intend it as negative... When talking with a friend in the garage I just might have said "wake up dude..." in replying to something said and it wouldn't have been taken wrong...

Old Jul 15th, 07, 04:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Al
Administrator

Hi Brett, his forum is someone separate from the others but is also available as www.5thgen.net so the discussion and info will slowly be picking up.

A lot of the early discussion has died down and so there isn't a lot more to say until something changes. Thanks for being a part of the site.

Al
Al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 20th, 07, 02:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Tech

gotsnappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in