Non photoshopped comparison ^_^ - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Apr 11th, 08, 05:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Non photoshopped comparison ^_^

I'm sure anyone looking has seen this, I've had the pic for a while... I promised the girlfriend I'd buy her a new one when it comes out if she'd give me her '78.. I'll get to drive the new one, so I think its a fair trade. ^_^ I'm gonna love this car.
brendo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 11th, 08, 06:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Re: Non photoshopped comparison ^_^

I'd rather have the yellow one.

(but i wouldn't kick the other out of bed)

67 camaro driver
383 10:1
Horsepower:
515 @ 5,500 rpm
Torque:
499 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

keypilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 12th, 08, 10:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Agreed. You'll probably end up paying a few grand more for the yellow than the silver as well. Base model will run around 18k, and have similar upgrade packages to the new rustang.
Old Apr 13th, 08, 04:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendo View Post
Base model will run around 18k, and have similar upgrade packages to the new rustang.
Where did you get this info on pricing? Are you "in the know" or is this just unfounded speculation? I sure do hope your right!!

I've been hearing rumors of 23k-25k for the base V6. If that's true, I think it's doomed before it even hits the sales floor. The base V6 has to be 20k or under, or GM will shoot itself in the foot. JMHO.

"The only time you have too much fuel, is when you're on fire"
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 13th, 08, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
Where did you get this info on pricing? Are you "in the know" or is this just unfounded speculation? I sure do hope your right!!

I've been hearing rumors of 23k-25k for the base V6. If that's true, I think it's doomed before it even hits the sales floor. The base V6 has to be 20k or under, or GM will shoot itself in the foot. JMHO.
Bingo!

The next GTO if it's not cheaper or equal to the mustang.

Challenger will have bigger problems, as chrysler is always proud of their product. 40k for a Challenger? Ouch. Better be real quick for 40k. (hint- it's not) Bummer, cause I like the Challenger too.
Arch Stanton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 14th, 08, 06:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Challenger R/T is supposed to pull 500+ hp stock, but still probably not worth the 40-50k. The Camaro has always had pricing relative to the Mustang, and I got the info from several car show brochures. Its supposed to have relatively similar price levels to the mustang and its 'packages'. $18-20k base, $27k z28, $32k for SS. All are relative, and mostly from memory, but its only smart. With GM losing its *** to the imports, I think they'll play the return of one of their greatest sellers just right. If not...I may have to buy a toyota. >.<
Old Apr 14th, 08, 06:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

By the way, I think the GTO flopped because of the looks. It looked tough from up close, and that 5.7L sounded great from anywhere...but when you see one driving up from a mile away, it looked like a riced out Pontiac Sunfire. Even when it passed you're like 'How the hell did they get that sound out of a -4- cylinder!'.. Pontiac would do wonders to bite the bullet and redesign the GTO. Also...I would kill my best friend to see a retro Chevelle on the market...
Old Apr 14th, 08, 07:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

Challenger SRT Hemi is rated at 425hp MSRP is $40,095 the only options available are a different size tire and a multi-media system. The latest (from chevy/GM) on the Camaro is it will not be priced in line with the Mustang because they believe it is a nicer car than the Mustang.

Like the GTO looks or not it was over priced for it's market target. Had it been priced along the lines of the Mustang it would have sold like hotcakes. Chevy will learn the hard way if they don't follow Mustang pricing with the Camaro. I think they are banking on all the hype over the past few years hooking buyers. Again Chevy's loss because they have the market if the car is priced right! Dodge is playing it smart bringing out a limited edition ahead of standard production, they will get to see just where things stand based on it's sales.

All this might be different if the current trend or fad was not toward "Green" and gas were still $2.00 per gal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
DjD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 14th, 08, 07:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Great picture, looks like one of the original two sided clay models

No idea where you get the $18K price brendo. I would be very suprised if the base model Camaro is priced less than a comparable Mustang.

Again with the GTO comparisons LOL

67 Camaro RS/SS L78 /
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 14th, 08, 10:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
No idea where you get the $18K price brendo. I would be very suprised if the base model Camaro is priced less than a comparable Mustang.
I will be very surprised if the base model Camaro sells very well, if it's priced much more than a comparable Mustang. If it is, the new Camaro is destined to fail.

2008 Mustang Base Model $19,500
2008 Mustang GT Deluxe Nicely equipped, 300 hp V8 $27,000

The Camaro has to be in this price range or the general public and GM will be very disappointed. I know you work for GM. How many units do you think they will sell if it's priced 5k-6k (or more) than the Mustang?

I'm not being negative or confrontational, just realistic. I want the new Camaro to succeed! The only way to do that is if they price it in the ball park of the Mustang. JMHO

Old Apr 14th, 08, 10:26 AM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks for the info update. I know mine is a bit outdated, but I tried to make sure that point was across. I hope to <insert politically correct religious/secular figure> that they realize the error of their previous ways. I'd hate to give the rustang boys a one-up on the bow-ties. Of course, the fact that they never discontinued their line to begin with may cover that. We still got them due to their BUTT UGLY 70's base models.
Old Apr 14th, 08, 10:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
I will be very surprised if the base model Camaro sells very well, if it's priced much more than a comparable Mustang. If it is, the new Camaro is destined to fail.

2008 Mustang Base Model $19,500
2008 Mustang GT Deluxe Nicely equipped, 300 hp V8 $27,000

The Camaro has to be in this price range or the general public and GM will be very disappointed. I know you work for GM. How many units do you think they will sell if it's priced 5k-6k (or more) than the Mustang?

I'm not being negative or confrontational, just realistic. I want the new Camaro to succeed! The only way to do that is if they price it in the ball park of the Mustang. JMHO
We all know the base price has to be comparable to the Mustang. That said of course it is 'much more' it will not sell as well, we need to see how much that really is.

Bob Lutz was quoted recently on the topic --
'Lutz would not talk specifically about the Camaro’s pricing. The car is scheduled to go on sale next February as a 2009 model, but Lutz did say GM views the Camaro as better equipped than the Mustang, and the price will be higher.'

BTW - I do not work for GM.

67 Camaro RS/SS L78 /
Old Apr 14th, 08, 10:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
BTW - I do not work for GM.
Sorry Joe, I apologize, I thought you did.

Old Apr 14th, 08, 11:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Sorry Joe, I apologize, I thought you did.
No sweat

I'm all for success as well. We seem to get little bits of information here and there and I do what I can to capture it on my site. This summer should yeild many more details as production ramps up on Oshawa.

67 Camaro RS/SS L78 /
Old Apr 14th, 08, 12:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Tech

That silver one is best looking Cadillac ever!

69 z11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in