2010 Camaro.... - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010Ėpresent

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Jul 1st, 08, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
2010 Camaro....

Stopped at the local Chevy dealer looking for a paint color and code... 4 salesman just standing around BS'ing when I pulled up. I get one wanting to help find what I was looking for, I tell him a color, and he still helped me
We get to talking old Camaros and he stated the 2010 would be at dealers about February and a loaded with all option Camaro will run about $37K and change
Don't know how true all this is but..........
Old Jul 1st, 08, 07:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468
Re: 2010 Camaro....

Doug, do you know if they are taking orders....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pro-Street69Camaro468 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 2nd, 08, 02:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Call them up....lol

Bob Bell in Bel Air.
Bryan Christy-salesman
1-800-637-5568
410-877-9800
Old Jul 2nd, 08, 05:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

$37k and change..
And that'll be before the additional dealer gouging!

And they're prob wondering why their stock is down to $10 a share.

sniff sniff...I smell..dead Thunderbird, dead GTO........

Still don't get it, do they?

Salesman seemed believable. Cool salesman to help you like that.
Arch Stanton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 2nd, 08, 05:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
$37k and change..

If there were prices available it would be all over the internet and 5th gen boards long before the salesman are provided with pricing.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
DjD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 2nd, 08, 05:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjD View Post
If there were prices available it would be all over the internet and 5th gen boards long before the salesman are provided with pricing.
Good point.

Sorry I'm such a skeptic on the new Camaro.
I really do want it to be great, and acessable to everyone, not just in the upper levels of pricing.

I shouldn't post on this subject anymore.......I'm too negative.
Arch Stanton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 2nd, 08, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Quote:
$37k and change..

I hate to say it,but I agree with you...we all want the "new" Camaro to be over the top....but I have a feeling it's not gonna be and may have a short life span..that sucks....I just don't think the stylists got it close enough to the orignal 1st gen..like FORD did with the Mustang which is probably the only thing keeping them alive...to make it a huge hit.They should have listened to the public more with regards to the early critiques and comments....We will see won't we?..
67' Vert RS Tremec TKO- Eaton 3:55- 350 cu.- L98 heads-Vintage Air- Torque Thrust-BFG.g-force 4-wheel disc.
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 3rd, 08, 12:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Our GM rep said the Camaro will start production in December. It will slowly hit dealers by January and you will definitely see them at all dealers by early March. We have no pricing, Color Charts, or RPO codes yet. Our dealership can not take order untill Chevrolet sends us the pricing so people need to keep that in mind. We have also heard from the GM rep that the first year production 80% of the cars built will be High Performance units.

One thing, GM did beat Toyota in sales last month even though almost every manufacturer took a beating.

Mike
69z28302 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 5th, 08, 12:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I asked our store manager about the new camaros and he said as of right now we are getting 3. The first will be whatever GM decides to send us but the other 2 he ordered as SS's one red with white stripes the other yellow with black stripes. Who knows when we will actually get them though, they have been continuously pushing back delivery dates. Started out May of this year, then pushed to August, then November, now Jan. of 09. We'll probably be lucky to see them by this time next year.
Old Jul 5th, 08, 01:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Send a message via Yahoo to wiskeesour

I have a bad feelin this new Camaro is gonna be...um....not what they are trying to crack it up to be.

Please Lord, let our new 2010 Camaro be the proverbial 'cats meow'.
Thanks Chief.
wiskeesour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 5th, 08, 04:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighaas79 View Post
I asked our store manager about the new camaros and he said as of right now we are getting 3. The first will be whatever GM decides to send us but the other 2 he ordered as SS's one red with white stripes the other yellow with black stripes. Who knows when we will actually get them though, they have been continuously pushing back delivery dates. Started out May of this year, then pushed to August, then November, now Jan. of 09. We'll probably be lucky to see them by this time next year.
I'm sorry but this goes against everything ever published, there has never been a delivery date to dealerships, so there have been no pushed out dates. There has never been anything released saying there will be an SS, although the talk is the initial release will include a V8 SS and a V6, that's just talk though...

The fact's are as published by Chevrolet that the car will start production in Sept/Oct 2008 and will be available to dealers during the 1st quarter of 2009. They made this known in 2006 and so far have stayed true to the statment.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
DjD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 6th, 08, 07:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Quote:
I'm sorry but this goes against everything ever published, there has never been a delivery date to dealerships, so there have been no pushed out dates. There has never been anything released saying there will be an SS, although the talk is the initial release will include a V8 SS and a V6, that's just talk though...

The fact's are as published by Chevrolet that the car will start production in Sept/Oct 2008 and will be available to dealers during the 1st quarter of 2009. They made this known in 2006 and so far have stayed true to the statment.
...as DJD stated, ...this has been the case from the beginning.
Public Information will be announced this month (July), ...I am not sure if that will include pricing. It will be worth keeping an eye on http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro , ...as this is where they will be posting the information once it goes public.
I can confirm there are V6 and V8 engineS, ...and indeed multiple trim packages will be available, ...but again, ...as DJD stated, ...no formal confirmation has yet been made by GM what those packages will be.
What dealers try to charge for the Camaro, ...really isn't up to Chevrolet. Chevrolet does (obviously) give the dealers an MSRP, ...but there are dealers out there that will tack on to that. Plain and simple, ...you have choice what dealer to got to. From my involvement with the Camaro Focus Group, ...I don't have price specifics, ...but it is clear, the Camaro is being priced near what an equally optioned Mustang/Challenger would cost. ...and from what I've seen, ...the Camaro have more in it, ...in a number of ways...

KevinK7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 6th, 08, 04:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:

Hey I'm just stating what I was told. Whether it's true or not I have no way of finding out really, but my store manager is the one who deals directly with GM and puts in the orders and what not, so that was why I asked him, cause I figured he'd maybe have some idea of what was going on. Who knows maybe he was blowing smoke up my a$$.
Old Jul 8th, 08, 05:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Most dealers talk out their rear ends, especially on things like this.
I agree, stay tuned to the Chevrolet web site, here or 5thgen.org for up to date info

67 Camaro RS/SS L78 /
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 8th, 08, 05:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Good point.

Sorry I'm such a skeptic on the new Camaro.
I really do want it to be great, and acessable to everyone, not just in the upper levels of pricing.

I shouldn't post on this subject anymore.......I'm too negative.
You're not alone on this line of thinking. I worry about the end price as well, limiting it to only the uppers who can lay out that $40K.

capt
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in