Well...I did it! - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010Ėpresent

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Jun 30th, 10, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Well...I did it!

I am now the pround owner of 2010 SS M6.The problem is I had to trade in my 67 vert to get it. The dealer was very generous and gave me 30k trade in and had me park it in his showroom rite then and there.He sold it to a collector 2 hours later(I was still there) and so I can go visit "my" car anytime I want as it's in the next town over.The new owner is way cool and will take good care of here.

I will miss her dearly but I'll build another one someday for sure. I really like my new one and don't have to worry if we get caught in a storm anymore.

Been hanging over at Camaro5.com...it's a whole other world over there,very cool indeed.I'll be checking in here too from time to time as the 1st gen WILL always be my favorite

I'll post some pics soon! The 5th gen is truely an awesome car!

Check my signature and you'll see what I gave up....very tough decision for sure
67' Vert RS Tremec TKO- Eaton 3:55- 350 cu.- L98 heads-Vintage Air- Torque Thrust-BFG.g-force 4-wheel disc.
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 30th, 10, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Re: Well...I did it!

You are a better man than me, I wouldn't have been able to do it.
Z10396 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 30th, 10, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

it was tough,thats for sure.....I did it before as well....Back in 94' I traded in a 69' pace car unrestored with only a re-paint,36K original miles,small block,non-power top,AC.The dealer gave me 21k for it and I went home with a new Z28 M6 with T tops.go figure,I must have a disease.
67' Vert RS Tremec TKO- Eaton 3:55- 350 cu.- L98 heads-Vintage Air- Torque Thrust-BFG.g-force 4-wheel disc.
Old Jun 30th, 10, 07:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I think you're doing it right. If you don't have the money to get everything you want at once, then the next best thing is to try out things you want one at a time. Getting to experience different things makes life fun. The trick is to not get sentimental. Sounds like you've got that whooped.

I bet you felt like you were sh!ttin' in high cotton back in '94 when you got $21k. I bought mine in '93 for $6700 and got ripped off.
500hp/538lbft

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'69 Camaro Beater-SFT 327-M20-Moser 4.10-sold
'02 Z/28 vert-stock-sold and totaled
Steiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 30th, 10, 07:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tech Team

That was a nice Camaro you had! I have been thinking of selling my 67 for a 2010 Audi tts. But I just can't come to do it!
smon68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 30th, 10, 07:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Wow that was a nice 67 you had. I could not part with my 69 for a new Camaro. The new Camaro is really nice. Hope you enjoy it.
Mr. Super Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 30th, 10, 09:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Congrats
Seneca SS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jun 30th, 10, 11:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

First, Congrats on your new Gen 5. Your gonna love it!!!
But I would have had a hard time givin up that 67 vert. That was a nice ride. On the bright side a 43 yr old car all but paid for the new toy. Enjoy!!
Can't wait to see the pics. BTW What color(s) is it?
Maroluvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 1st, 10, 04:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67motorcat View Post
I am now the pround owner of 2010 SS M6.The problem is I had to trade in my 67 vert to get it. The dealer was very generous and gave me 30k trade in and had me park it in his showroom rite then and there.He sold it to a collector 2 hours later(I was still there) and so I can go visit "my" car anytime I want as it's in the next town over.The new owner is way cool and will take good care of here.

I will miss her dearly but I'll build another one someday for sure. I really like my new one and don't have to worry if we get caught in a storm anymore.

Been hanging over at Camaro5.com...it's a whole other world over there,very cool indeed.I'll be checking in here too from time to time as the 1st gen WILL always be my favorite

I'll post some pics soon! The 5th gen is truely an awesome car!

Check my signature and you'll see what I gave up....very tough decision for sure
Can I ask what the dealer got for your 67?
Old Jul 1st, 10, 04:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I wonder what that 2010 Camaro will be worth in 40 years?? Not a good trade imo..
purecam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 1st, 10, 05:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Did you take any pics during the trade? I would have taken pics of the two side by side, and maybe some goofy kind of pic, like you swapping keys with the dealer in front of the two cars.

Sounds like you got a good trade in, especially in this market. Maybe the dealer is thinking of keeping the 67 around to draw more foot traffic.

I'm still on the fence about the 5th gens, and I don't think I could trade my 69 on one. Maybe when they get the vert version out, but as much as the coupes MSRPs are, I probably can't afford a vert (I am guessing $45K to $50K for a 2SS convertible).
Eric Kammerer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jul 1st, 10, 06:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
I think you're doing it right. If you don't have the money to get everything you want at once, then the next best thing is to try out things you want one at a time. Getting to experience different things makes life fun. The trick is to not get sentimental. Sounds like you've got that whooped.

I bet you felt like you were sh!ttin' in high cotton back in '94 when you got $21k. I bought mine in '93 for $6700 and got ripped off.
yea,21k was a nice penny for a pace car back then.There still are some dealership owners out there who apprieciate the old camaros.I dealt directly with the owners on both transactions when it came to them even accepting the Classic Camaro on a trade.In this market I think i got a really good deal.I just coudn't swallow nearly 40K on a new one.Funny thing is when I pulled into the dealership I didn't think they would give me as much for it as i wanted and I wouldn't take any less.If the didn't give me the 30k I would have been ok keeping the old girl.When they agreed,I coudn't resist after the test drive of the 2010...simply incredible the torque they have down low with the LS3.

My 67' sat in the showroom for 2 days till the new owner was able to drive it home,we had thunderstorms everyday and he did not want to drive it in the rain!
I went back the next day to drop off the spare keys and there were more people around the 67' than the two Vettes they had in the show room

It was just time to let someone else enjoy her
Old Jul 1st, 10, 12:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Here are a couple pics.Indigo blue matallic paint,sunroof,GFX package,2SS package,6-speed manual.
I have since removed the black vinyl from the hood and deck lid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 camaro and water pipe 003.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	16599   Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 camaro and water pipe 006.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	16600  
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in