1le - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010Ėpresent

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Dec 21st, 12, 10:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

1le

So has anybody got one yet? Would be interested in driving and overall impressions of it especially if you have had the chance to compare it to the SS.
64lusso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Dec 21st, 12, 12:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
Re: 1le

Welcome, Jay.
Some members here may have one.
Enjoy the cruise.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
Everett#2390 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Dec 21st, 12, 06:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

I spent so much time in the 1'st gen area reading up on steering and suspension threads that I feel like an old hand, didn't realize I hadn't posted here before. I still have the 67 RS convertible my Dad bought brand new in November of 66, I actually learned to drive and got my license in that car. We spiffed it up some in the early 80's and are gearing up to do a slightly better job on it over the winter as it's looking pretty tired now.
I also bought a 91 1Le new, put a few thousand miles on it, took it up to Bill Mitchell in Conn where he worked his magic on it then ran it in SCCA SS/GT road racing class for a few years. The 67 RS was Royal Plum (purple) and the 91 was also a purple color, somewhere have a pic of the two together.
While I wish the new one weren't so heavy, the reviews have intrigued me, haven't had a track or race car in quite a few years so thinking this might a good way to dabble in that again before I get too old.
Old Dec 22nd, 12, 04:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage

Reads like both are nice cars,
Boys here would like to see pictures of them.
And anymore, all of them are heavy, due to safety stanards.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
Everett#2390 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Dec 22nd, 12, 01:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

I took delivery on my 1LE in November - really sweet car - certainly drives and handles like it is on a rail. I was a bit worried that it would beat me to death on the backroads, but that is certainly not the case.
ejmjintx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Dec 23rd, 12, 12:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks that was one of the things I was hoping to hear. My 91 was pretty stiff but it was a solid axle car and then once I had the full cage in the for SCCA racing it wasn't much fun to use on a regular basis.
So it sounds like it would be an OK daily driver?
Old Dec 24th, 12, 12:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

The problem I have had with mine as a daily driver is the darn thing has a problem turning into the office parking lot and making it home at a decent hour, wants to keep going especially out where the roads have a bit of a twist to them. Maybe it will outgrow it, but kind of doubt it! For the money, I cant think of a better $/fun ratio. Enjoy.
ejmjintx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Dec 28th, 12, 08:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

LOL Thanks for your thoughts and I understand them completely. I had a 2004 GT3 Porsche (street car, not race car) which I purchased mainly to do track days with. But life took a sudden turn and I didn't get to very many with it. As a street car it was a little on the rough side and the low ground clearance, especially in the front, made for some issues however it was a pretty darn good street car overall. The big problem with a car that capable, and I think the ZL1 and 1LE would both fit in this category, is exercising the self control necessary to drive it responsibly every day. It's like riding a high performance motorcycle----the rules are for everybody else!!
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in