What to do...time to make the ride stand out - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Jan 24th, 14, 12:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

What to do...time to make the ride stand out

I have a 2012 cherry red Camaro SS. It's still stock, but I feel like it's time to make it look better and put a few more poneys under the hood. I've never changed a car from stock, wondering if y'all had any opinions on what would look good for looks and for under the hood.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
12camaro_ss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 24th, 14, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: What to do...time to make the ride stand out

Victory Red

12camaro_ss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 24th, 14, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Garage

Wheels are what will make the biggest impact on the look of your ride
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
Vega$69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 27th, 14, 05:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

There are a lot of threads out there about things that you can do to wake those up. Is it an auto or standard? The autos can be tuned to make them shift a little harder and i have seen one that had it done. Made a world of difference. The factory settings on the transmission when shifting gears cuts fuel to somewhere in the vicinity of 70 percent even when the accelerator is on the floor. Tuning that out of it will make the car faster believe it or not. It can be a little rough on the tranny though. If you are looking to make some big power, turbonetics makes a bolt in turbo kit, with a programmer for around 6k. Relocates the washer reservoir which they give you a new one that will fit. The entire kit is everything you need and i think that they give dyno pull numbers of 600+ hp on a stock block. There is tons of things that you can do to it, the possibilities are limitless. As far as exterior, you could throw the body kits on it. They are $1500 for the side skirts, front fascia, rear bumper and the exhaust parts that are required for the mod.
1969 SS Camaro 6.0 LS Twin Turbo 5 Speed 3.50
2013 ZL1 Camaro roto-fab airbox pulley swap Rest In Pieces March 27 2014
FTF Automotive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 27th, 14, 06:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

A procharger under the hood ?
Old Jan 27th, 14, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUG G View Post
A procharger under the hood ?
YUP!!!

Whatever people do to their new camaro, to me it still looks like every other new camaro… cool, but extra bling or different rims or other whatever options/upgrades/do-dads does not make me notice one new camaro apart from the next new camaro.

That being said, I say don't spend a dime on any 'cosmetic' upgrades, because your car already looks great. Even if its the base model bone stocker, its a new camaro and it looks awesome. Put all your extra funds into performance. Make it burn rubber all the way down the block and then your ride will stand out for sure!!

Procharger, roots blower, turbos, even nitrous, head swap, stroker kit, engine swap, whatever… just pump that thing full of steroids and make it run 11's.. or how about 10's!
kookykrispy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 1st, 14, 12:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Garage
Send a message via AIM to PROZ11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12camaro_ss View Post
I have a 2012 cherry red Camaro SS. It's still stock, but I feel like it's time to make it look better and put a few more poneys under the hood. I've never changed a car from stock, wondering if y'all had any opinions on what would look good for looks and for under the hood.

I also have a 2012 Camaro SS. Mine is a Black/black 2SS/RS with a 6 speed manual trans. I bought it new in Aug. 2012 from Konner's Chevrolet here in NJ. My wife works there. I too wanted to upgrade the looks and performance of mine. Nothing too crazy, but change it up a bit. I had the windows tinted 2 days after I picked it up.

For performance I installed a K & N CAI and a Pypes cat back exhaust. I also As I added these I had custom tunes done. These minor changes made a big difference it performance.

In the appearance department I blacked out the bowties and SS emblems. I added an SLP front splitter, GM ZL1 upper grill and GM ZL1 side rocker skirts. I've also swapped wheels for a set of Factory Reproduction ZL1 wheels. I went an inch wider front and rear. Rears are 20X10 and fronts are 2X9. At that time I also lowered the car an inch with Eibach springs. The wheels and springs made an improvement in the handling for sure.

I like all of the changes, but then I'm a little biased.. LOL.

Here's how the progression went.

This is the car right after I picked it up. Completely stock other than the window tint.

Here is after I added the splitter and ZL1 rockers.

The ZL1 grill...

Here it is after the Factroy Replica ZL1 wheels..

My last mod was to change the wheel color. I went with PlastiDip anthracite. If you haven't heard of this its a rubberized paint that can be pealed off. It usually lasts a year or more before it needs to be re applied.

All in all I feel these mods really changes the personality of my car.

Here's how it sits right now...

YOUTUBE VIDEO:

PROZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 1st, 14, 01:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tech Team

Every time I go to a car show I see all the 5th gens and they all seem to have led lighting, halo lights and colored wire looms, and they don't understand why no one looks at them. If you want to stand out do something different maybe different wheels, color change of the stripes or modify the engine with a power enhancer.
realz69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Feb 2nd, 14, 07:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Garage
Send a message via AIM to PROZ11

I don't bring my 2012 to car shows or even cruise nights. I don't know why anyone brings a new car to one to be honest. I did the few minor mods to mine for me, and for a little better performance and a little better handling. Not to really make it stand out. Just more to my taste. If I want to bring something different, that gets a little attention to a show or cruise night I bring my 69.

YOUTUBE VIDEO:

PROZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in