Finally got another identical ZL1 - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Apr 22nd, 14, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Finally got another identical ZL1

Well after 4 weeks of hell trying to find that same built car, i located 2 left in the US out of 227 built in that configuration. Purchased one out of Baton Rouge LA, and it finally arrived last night, 3 weeks late. LOL. I can't catch a break. On top of it being 3 weeks late to arrive after it was already paid for, they tried to slip one by the Paint & Body guy. It shows up, and since it had been sitting on a lot for 476 days, with 71 miles on it, i expected it to have a couple little scratches. What i was not expecting, until the delayed delivery, was that they were going to have been doing PDR to the car. Now when i bought the car, i never told them that this is what i did for a living. So when i showed up in my work shirt, with my business name, and start going over the car like i was judging it, the entire dealership sales team and managers come out, and start asking me what the problem is. Whoever did the PDR work did a relatively good job, 95% of the dents worked out (which i am assuming was mild hail) were not visible to the uneducated, so i was fine with that. I see it because its my job to see that stuff, but what really struck a nerve was the fact that they PDR'ed a dent out of the roof, and pushed it up too much and left it. So obviously its standing out like a sore thumb, like some took a screwdriver and tapped it up. Needless to say, it is being fixed on their dime, but still. Also it was optioned with $550 of dealer installed cupholder/dash/door illumination that never got installed which i paid for as it was on the build sheet. Didn't notice that one til i got home. Oh GM, you would think that you have had enough of me. Missed that stupid thing so much though, just glad to have one back.
1969 SS Camaro 6.0 LS Twin Turbo 5 Speed 3.50
2013 ZL1 Camaro roto-fab airbox pulley swap Rest In Pieces March 27 2014
FTF Automotive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 24th, 14, 10:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Garage
Send a message via AIM to PROZ11
Re: Finally got another identical ZL1

Congrats... Hope you have better luck with this one.. although it sounds like you're not off to a great start..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YOUTUBE VIDEO:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PROZ11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 25th, 14, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Man I would be down the road at the Four letter word dealer. I had once thought of buying a new Camaro. I could not accept the flaws that you have seen. It would drive me crazy.
Not so sure about a purchase after hearing what you went through as well as others on Camaro 5. GM is really dropping the ball on their customer service. I must admit that my Original 69 Z I purchased as a new car had a ton of Issues that were never properly fixed.
So even back in the day they had issues.
1968 Camaro Coupe L30 275 horse. ]
Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Apr 25th, 14, 11:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Well unfortunately, their cars perform well enough that people are still buying them. If i didn't take it, someone else will. At the end of the day, i got the car i wanted, and if i really wanted the stuff fixed, as they say "do it yourself". Customer service in any big business or industry is a thing of the past. Other than the shipping nightmare and the little stuff this thing is much faster than the first one i had. After looking at some of the camaro 5 stuff, and dyno sheet after dyno sheet, these things have anywhere from 450-500 rwhp. I know some of that is in the dyno, but it just depends what day of the week it was built.
1969 SS Camaro 6.0 LS Twin Turbo 5 Speed 3.50
2013 ZL1 Camaro roto-fab airbox pulley swap Rest In Pieces March 27 2014
FTF Automotive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in