5th Gen Camaro ZERO SPACE Subwoofer Enclosures - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Nov 2nd, 16, 03:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

5th Gen Camaro ZERO SPACE Subwoofer Enclosures

There are some really nice "ZERO SPACE" subwoofer enclosures on Ebay for a great price, usually between $40 to $90 depending on the model. The best thing, is that they are designed not to take up what little trunk space our Camaros have, hence the name "ZERO SPACE". They simply replce your spare tire cover in your trunk and fit in the spare tire well of any Gen 5 Camaro (even convertibles) using the spare tire well as a sealed subwoofer enclosure. Note: for 6 cylinders models you will have to remove the spare tire for 8 cylinder models, there is no spare tire to remove anyway. The car battery is in the trunk of the 8 cylinder models and is not a problem, the subwoofer(s) and even amps and capacitors can fit right around the battery, making installation a snap. There is some minor prep work required to form a good seal around the box. Everything you need comes included with the purchase and prep time only takes about 20 minutes even if you not car genius. It is pretty simple. I have one in my ZL1 with one 12" 1000 Watt sub & amp and it sounds great. Good bass, and very few rattles. I spent about 2 minutes adjusting the height screws on my trunk lid and putting a little foam cushion behind my license plate and pretty well took care of all the rattles. There are several different models available for single 12", dual 12", single 10", or dual 10" subwoofers. Any of these models are available with or without a carbon fiber finish. Since mine only has a single 12" sub I had enough room on the bottom side of the board to mount my amplifier and capacitor which made for a really clean troublefree install, i.e. no wires out in the open to get damaged and no trunk space lost whatsoever! I have a speaker grille over the sub so using my trunk for storage doesn't do any damage to the sub, I highly recommend this. Unless I'm showing it off, I usually lay the factory trunk mat over the top to further prevent damage becuase I tend to use my trunk alot. I don't notice any difference in sound from inside the car with the mat over it. It sounds really good, more than enough bass and best of all I didn't have to sacrifice my trunk just to have some better sound! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!
CamaroJL55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in