Jan 16th, 19, 08:06 PM
|Gold Lifetime Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Edmonds, WA
Model Information for Purchase Consideration
Hey guys, been a long time 69 Camaro owner although now considering purchasing a 5th generation Camaro SS. Have not studied this generation in detail which will soon be obvious by my questions which I appreciate any feedback.
I'm newly retired, so this car will not be used for a work commute. My initial interest is the 2010 to 2015 model years. Likely going with an SS, 6.2 V8 and 6 Speed Manual. I like the colors Aqua Blue Metallic and Imperial Blue Metallic, although these may only be 2010 model year colors and thus may consider other shades of blue.
1) What's the difference between a 1SS and 2SS?
2) When did Backup Cameras come stock, although I believe this can be added via the aftermarket?
3) It looks like dealers are asking a premium for Aqua Blue Metallic. If so, is that due to rarity or what?
4) As much as I like it, is it a good idea to convert to a Hurst short shift shifter?
5) What features does the RS add?
6) What else should I consider as I ponder this purchase?
Thank you for all of your input.......
1969 Camaro SS Vert LS1 T56