OK Fella's....here it is! 2009 Camaro. - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Jan 7th, 06, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Tech

OK Fella's....here it is! 2009 Camaro.

Click the link. There's a video too.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....ticle_id=3124]

I know the majority of you have strong opinions, but instead of getting personal about it, lets hear some "constructive" criticism on the concept. If you don't like....tell us why. Be specific. Tell us what can be done to improve on it. Offer suggestions, or perhaps tell us in your mind what a new version of the Chevrolet Camaro SHOULD be. When this thread has run it's course I will print it out and personally hand the pages over to Tom Peters the lead designer in charge of the new Camaro.

Let's here it.......this should be interesting.

Last edited by Infamous; Jan 8th, 06 at 04:26 AM.
Infamous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 7th, 06, 12:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to ChevyThunder
Re: OK Fella's....here it is! 2009 Camaro.

bring it on !
Old Jan 7th, 06, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I love it. Looks great, nice lines and stance. Very similar to the clay pics that "sneaked" out a few weeks ago. Hopefully, it will be in a price range that the average guy can afford. Well done!!! Well you asked for comments: I think that all in all this is a great look, except for the rear. To me it's a little too "Corvettish" looking in the rear. Rectangular retro looking tail lights and a little less height in the body from the bottom of the rear fender to the trunk lid would be my suggestions. But, if this car was produced as the concept sits now, I definately would buy one.

"The only time you have too much fuel, is when you're on fire"

Last edited by 67 Convertible; Jan 7th, 06 at 12:46 PM. Reason: *
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 7th, 06, 12:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Frist of all, kudos to them for a RWD concept.

My humble observations:

Front end styling is too sharply peaked, should be flatter and more rectangular.

Grille teeth are too widely spaced.

Headlights too highly placed.

The greenhouse is too rounded, looks like it belongs on another car.

The abrupt styling of the quarter after the door doesn't match the rest of the side.

Haven't we seen enough fake "gills" ?

Looks like two different cars from front to rear.
Don ~ TC Member #15 ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't mess with Texas!

Last edited by ZZ_430; Jan 7th, 06 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
ZZ_430 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 7th, 06, 12:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Team Member

Send a message via ICQ to clwilcox33 Send a message via MSN to clwilcox33 Send a message via Yahoo to clwilcox33

I think it looks great!! Gimme a 500hp Z06 engine in that thing too

Too bad the video wouldn't work on my office computer, now I have to wait till I get home. *&%$^%

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
clwilcox33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 7th, 06, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I will need a much bigger garage.
My shopping list to include the new Camaro W/LS7 engine, Plus, a new Dodge Challenger.

Dayton68Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 7th, 06, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Love it
My 67 Camaro Time Line
Joe Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 7th, 06, 01:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Nice!

Retro, yet quite modern. Something that can evolve into future Camaros down the road.

- Wonder a rally sport version will happen with hide-away headlights?

sandiegoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 7th, 06, 01:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Tech

The back half of the car OK, but to me the front looks kinda like the new Cadillac. if I wanted a Cadillac I buy a Cadillac. Bring back the hidden headlights! Make the front more rectangular This car is OK But it doesn't get my juices flowing.
I'm not a Dodge guy BUT these guys get it! Check out the Challenge http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=3104 The interior is just as cool as the exterior. Back to the drawing boards IMO
69 L 89 RAG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 7th, 06, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Tech

They can try all they want to but will never build a better looking camaro than the 1969 model.
1969 RS/SS DROPTOP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 7th, 06, 01:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 L 89 RAG
The back half of the car OK, but to me the front looks kinda like the new Cadillac. if I wanted a Cadillac I buy a Cadillac. Bring back the hidden headlights! Make the front more rectangular This car is OK But it doesn't get my juices flowing.
I'm not a Dodge guy BUT these guys get it! Check out the Challenge http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=3104 The interior is just as cool as the exterior. Back to the drawing boards IMO
I agree...It looks like a caddy...I do like it but, I think they should "soften" the hard lines in the front and rear, I also think the rear 1/4s are a little too rounded...maybe flatten a little (like the 69)...nice but the challenger might be hard to beat...

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible (SOLD)
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
GGSMU member

zuma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 7th, 06, 01:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I agree with everything ZZ430DropTop67RS said. I was hoping for something a little more retro, with more of the styling of the first gen's. The front has some elements of the 69, but the rear doesn't have any Camaro influence at all. I agree that having the RS hidden headlights would go a long way. Maybe they can come out with an RS option. But I still like the Challenger better.

Kevin

sleepsinshed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 7th, 06, 01:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Tech

I like it. But, I think if they are going to go retro with the styling, they should stay true to the era. They need to provide a version that is bare bones, and with a big engine.
Jason1968Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 7th, 06, 01:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Talking Re: OK Fella's....here it is! 2009 Camaro.

Just a few of observations, but I like the car overall and would probably buy one if the price doesn't go through the roof once they produce it:

I agree that the front has too much of a V shape to it. Bring it a little more flat and possibly do something with the grill, smaller openings, or???? Also, the front end makes it look like the car is trying to smile. Maybe bring the grill more straight edge across the bottom.

If the hood is going to harken back to the cowl induction, why put the opening in the front that is on the concept car? Would it be possible to make it a true cowl induction and do away with the front opening?

The side view of the rear of the car reminds me of a late '80's or early '90's lotus Espirit. Maybe look at adding some type of bumper type bulge to the rear fascia or change the side marker lights up a bit.

The side windows on the car are very narrow and remind me of the Dodge Magnum, 300C, etc. Have heard people complain about the narrow windows on those cars. Get a little room between the roof and the top of the door itself.

The rear tailights could be more of a rectangle instead of the close to rectangle with almost a half circle true light as displayed when they light up the turn signal.

An RS version would be a nice option.

I think the desingers deserve congratulations for trying to maintain a balance between the cars heritage and trying to make sure they have a design that will be able to move forward as peoples tastes change from the retro craze of today, to a more edgy style in the future. Put the Vette LS7 in there, and the Challenger and Mustang crowd should start claiming their accolades now, because when that bad boy hits the streets, they will be tucking tail and parking them in the garage.
Camaroinaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 7th, 06, 01:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

I like it. It does need a more classic front end less stealthy or sharp. As a classic car lover I don't want a new car that looks like a Foose worked '70 cuda like the new challenger. Don't get me wrong the dodge is hot but I think it will take the wind out of the sails for a classic mopar owner having to park next to the new challenger at the drive-in. My guess is if they produce a few hundred thousand the mopar classic car price will drop as the folks with a lump of cash in their pockets will drop out of the driver/collector market. I don't think the high end stuff will be effected though.

All in all GM did good and I really feel they should pull out all the stops and have it in production for the 2007 new model year. Market trends are screaming now but will they in 2 years. Performance cars are a nitch, if everyone in that nitch buys this year only a small amount of them will be ready for a new car in 2009...

Tom - Do a plain jane 6cyl model, a Z/28 (using the orig logo style) with a slightly smaller cubic inch engine and an SS with big block cubic inches. Fix the front end, ditch the chopper style side mirrors and have them on showroom floors by the end of the year and you'll have a hit on your hands... Edit: (shamless pitch) If you need someone to test drive one for a year I'd be glad to help out. Im in the SF Bay area, a die hard camaro fan and do Camaro club events monthly as well monthly meetings and am sure I could put lots of mileage on it for you...

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
DjD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in