The new "Camaro" sucks - Team Camaro Tech
Team Camaro Tech join team camaro
 5thgen.jpg - 4890 Bytes

Registered users (free) do not see these large ads

Fifth Generation Discussion forum for the newest Camaro 2010–present

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Jan 20th, 06, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Tech

The new "Camaro" sucks

Just wanted to vent my disappointment with the new Camaro. I saw it today in Hot Rod mag and the Challenger 10-1 looks better. I'm ashamed to say this being a Camaro enthusiast for decades. Just calling a spade a spade. What does everyone else think????
Shupee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 20th, 06, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Cool Re: The new "Camaro" sucks

Im Yelling ...as im typing this.... . can someone add flames to this thread?.....
Old Jan 20th, 06, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Arrow Re: The new "Camaro" sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupee
Just wanted to vent my disappointment with the new Camaro. I saw it today in Hot Rod mag and the Challenger 10-1 looks better. I'm ashamed to say this being a Camaro enthusiast for decades. Just calling a spade a spade. What does everyone else think????
mid year 1970 they made the last camaro and GM will never make another ,
and one thing that has come to my attention is that when I say this some tell me that this is my (OPINION) it's NOT my opinion it happened !!! I can't help it I didn't do it I had nothing to do with it !! I wish they still made them today but they don't , the closest thing I see is those new bodies which are copies of camaro's they could become a way to own a new camaro for the rich among us , but other than that I guess the fat lady has sung .
Old Jan 20th, 06, 06:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Re: The new "Camaro" sucks

All NEW Camaro posts go here https://www.camaros.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

The moderators were trying to keep Bench Racing from getting clogged up with all the "new Camaro" threads. For a while it seemed like there were 3 or more new threads a day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
camaroman7d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 20th, 06, 06:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupee
What does everyone else think????
Take a look around this forum I think plenty of folks have been voicing their opinions... Nobody will twist your arm to buy one if you don't like it.

I believe this is a prototype stingray, just shows how far over the top prototypes can be. The car that was put in production was very toned down from this...

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."

Last edited by DjD; Sep 18th, 06 at 05:59 PM.
DjD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 21st, 06, 08:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Angry Re: The new "Camaro" sucks

I AGREE the new camaro for 2009 will suck majorly if they keep it as it is.
This crap is too flat and rectangular... too pointy and too much body paneling. GM SUCKS
Old Jan 21st, 06, 08:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Thumbs down Re: The new "Camaro" sucks

I actually think it is a cross between a Chrysler Crossfire and a 70's vette. Minus all the smooth curves and flowing panels.

WHY IS THE 2009 "camaro" SO SHARP CORNERED?
GM is just plain, old, and confused...
Old Jan 21st, 06, 09:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
DjD
Retired

Garage

Hey Jim - nothing wrong with expressing ones dislike but most of us are mature enough to not bash anyone in doing so...

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
DjD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 21st, 06, 09:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Tech

As the old saying goes opinions are like.....................

If you don't like it don't buy one. I can harldy wait to get my hands on one when they or if they come out with a new one. My only problem is I have to wait until 2009. The good thing maybe I can have enough saved up to pay cash for it.
My 67 Camaro Time Line
Joe Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 21st, 06, 11:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Dennis,

I wonder that that 'Vette prototype car is worth, if it still exists?
tmannet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 21st, 06, 11:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Cool Re: The new "Camaro" sucks

I think GM keeps all trade show vehicles in three unmarked heavily secured and alarmed really big ware houses in the suburbs of Detroit. They also keep the first and last production run of each and every model ever made. Though I am sure they have culled quite a few vehicles since the fifties I think the 'vette Stingray prototype influenced by Duntov's Sebring racer is still around. Though I read somewhere (I think Diana said it in one of his Buckaroo mags) were someone trashed the original Nomad Corvette prototype from the 1952 show.

Larger Dave
Larger Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 21st, 06, 12:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM68
I AGREE the new camaro for 2009 will suck majorly if they keep it as it is. This crap is too flat and rectangular... too pointy and too much body paneling. GM SUCKS! I actually think it is a cross between a Chrysler Crossfire and a 70's vette. Minus all the smooth curves and flowing panels. WHY IS THE 2009 "camaro" SO SHARP CORNERED?
GM is just plain, old, and confused...
Hey Jim, before you take your ball and go home would you care to enlighten us as to what you think should be done to improve the design and make it a car that you wouldn't feel the urge to uninate all over?

And next time....try a little constructive feedback instead of just tossing out insults and abrasive rhetoric.
Old Jan 21st, 06, 12:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Team Member

Send a message via ICQ to clwilcox33 Send a message via MSN to clwilcox33 Send a message via Yahoo to clwilcox33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous
Hey Jim, before you take your ball and go home would you care to enlighten us as to what you think should be done to improve the design and make it a car that you wouldn't feel the urge to uninate all over?

And next time....try a little constructive feedback instead of just tossing out insults and abrasive rhetoric.
I have to seriously agree with Infamous. Running around saying this or that "sucks" is immature and unimaginitive. If you don't like it, don't buy it, or try to help give your ideas to make it better. I'm on the fence personally as to whether I like it or not.

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
clwilcox33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 21st, 06, 01:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Gold Lifetime Member

Well out of the 3 (ford dodge GM) I really like the new R/T so I think GM should build the new Camaro more like the 69 body with suddle changes, I
would like to see a the rear spoiler as a seperate piece, rs and standard front end. I also see the rear as a bmw, and the rear sloped glass to spoiler and square rear is too much like the mustang. So GM if your listing your trying too hard, use the "kiss" method keep it simple simon?. Please get the
new camaro right my oldest (18) son wants a new R/T, my 15 yr. old son wants a eclispe my 8 yr. son wants a mustang, and the last 2 aren't happening! Well atleast my 6 yr. old daughter still loves my 67 rs/ss white camaro.

67 rs/ss L78 O-O sherwood green -L201C
68 rs/ss L89 convertible
67RS/SS396 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Jan 21st, 06, 03:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Team Member

Send a message via ICQ to clwilcox33 Send a message via MSN to clwilcox33 Send a message via Yahoo to clwilcox33

For every person on this site saying that GM is screwing up by not making this new Camaro exactly like the 69 model, there is another person on the other gen sites saying GM is screwing up by making this new Camaro too first gen looking. Personally, I really don't like the 69s, and if it looked exactly like the 69 I wouldn't buy one. GM can't make this car please everyone. There are too many design changes in a vehicle line that ran for 35 years. The best they can do is build something that has some reminders of one of the models, and has a forward looking design. It seems they've done that by using the first gen model as an idea template. Sure I think the car needs some changes to make me ecstatic about it, but then.....for every change I'd like them to make, I'm sure there folks out there that would hate that change.

I guess the important thing to remember is that it's a VERY difficult vehicle to design and make a majority pleased. Give them a break and see what they can come up with. The designers are not a bunch of geeks sitting in a laboratory with 3' thick walls and no access to the outside world. Millions upon millions go into the design and demographic research to come up with a car like this. These guys are just people trying to make something that folks will like, and in turn, will buy. If they don't get a positive response to it, they'll rethink it. However, saying it "sucks", won't get them anywhere.

Just my honest opinions and I don't mean to offend anyone.

/cheers

...in pieces still.

MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67
"
clwilcox33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
First Name
Rather than just Hot69, gotta real name?

Log-in